Neowise

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Neowise

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:42 pm

The comet was nicely visible tonight. About an hour and a half after sunset, in the northwest sky, between the big dipper and the horizon. Faint, but very clearly a comet. So cool.

Plus, at the same time, we have a perfect view of both Jupiter and Saturn on the opposite horizon.

And we are camping in a remote enough area to get a clear view of the Milky Way overhead. Beautiful.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Neowise

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:16 am

Wow, headed into the wilderness for a week myself. Absolutely necessary.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Neowise

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Ooh I'm so jealous of all of you! I can barely get to a place where that part of the horizon is visible, and so far no dice.

Return to “Nerd Talk”