[Podcast] The Constant

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Podcast] The Constant

Postby akiva » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:46 am

I have fallen in love with the Constant. It's a weird history podcast, but it's so much more. It's focus is on things that people screwed up or got wrong, but the guy does incredible research. And he tells great stories, with connections you'd never expect.

Currently I'm listening to some older episodes about a mysterious submarine found at the bottom of the Chicago River in 1915. I think of myself as a Chicagoan (geography be damned), and I'm a bit horrified that I'd never heard this story before.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Podcast] The Constant

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Sounds like just my thing! Thank you!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Let me repeat my thanks. After 5 minutes of one episode, I'm already in love. Just so charming... exactly the sort of style I like. He's clearly very prepared, but also very casual and irreverent.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

The episodes on the Foolkiller are SO good!
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Talk”