Democrat voters only poll

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

your reasons for voting Biden/Harris ticket in November select all that apply.

Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:05 am

I like Biden
15%
I like Harris
18%
I like Biden more than Harris
3%
I like Harris more than Biden
12%
I agree with their positions on issues that matter to me.
18%
I dislike President Trump and don't care who his opponent is.
18%
The candidate I like did not get nominated and they are the next best thing
12%
There is no viable Independent candidate I like
3%
Kanye isn't an option yet.
No votes

Total votes: 33
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Democrat voters only poll

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 am

What is your reason for voting D in the presidential election ( please be honest...this is for posterity so tell me how you really feel) Multiple answers allowed :cheers:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Democrat voters only poll

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:02 am

First off, even without Trump, I'd most likely vote Democrat. It depends on individuals, but against an incumbent President Romney or Rubio or whatever, I'd still probably vote Democrat, because the dem platform is far closer to my own positions than the GOP platform.

My first choice was Warren, but Harris was right up there. I've liked her from the start. Biden was far from my first choice, largely because of his age, and that he is more moderate than I am. But Biden's a good man and well qualified. He is ultimately extremely responsive to his constituency. He has decades of public life, and his positions have always been squarely at the center of the Democratic party. He learns and he adjusts with the times. So as president, he'll almost certainly continue that tradition--and his current stated positions seem to bear that out. It's not as bold as I want, but it is more progressive than any administration in my lifetime, and it's what the majority of Americans can get behind right now.

But Trump IS here, and he is truly a threat to our Democracy. He's not the cause of the rot in our system, but he IS the tip of the spear. He's willing to expose and exploit that rot for his own personal glory and enrichment. And he has stated pretty clearly that he's willing to tear it all down to protect himself.

Throughout the primaries, Democratic voters indicated that electability was the single most important quality they desired in a candidate. Defeating Trump because of the threat he poses to the nation was paramount. So that's what brings us to Biden. He's the hardest of all the Dems for Trump to vilify. Trump's attacks on Biden so far are 1. Joe is senile, and 2. Joe's a liberal stooge. 3. Joe's scared to leave his basement. But outside of his Trump's loyal base, those aren't getting any purchase, because they are obviously false.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:24 pm

My reason is not really on the list per se: I BELIEVE IN DEMOCRACY AND ONE CANDIDATE IS AN OUTRIGHT WHITE NATIONALIST FASCIST WHO IS DOING HIS BEST TO ACTUALLY DESTROY OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Makes the choice easy. There are at least a few people I would want even less than Trump; their names are things like Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Putin, Duterte, Orban, Lukashenko, etc.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:54 pm

"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Nerd Talk”