I love my new forums!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

I love my new forums!

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:52 pm

They work better. They look better. They have so many cool new functions and conveniences. The gallery avatars work for everyone now (those were broke on the old site the day I installed it). You can do attachments to posts. It's flash-enabled if I want it. I can send PMs to multiple people at once. Zombie made me supercool headers so that the whole site matches the forum theme and looks sooooooo pretty!

But most of all, all of you signed up right away and did the yeoman's work of moving all the needed content from the old boards and stirring up a ton of traffic to kick us off. After all the sweat and worry, it all worked out better than I hoped. I'm so happy right now. Thank you!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I love my new forums!

Postby Elle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:40 pm

I love them too. The colors are nice! And I have :tafkap: and :banana: to help my life.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:12 am

...and we have a new RADIO at the top!!! Now I need to re-design the t-shirts!
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:39 pm

I noticed that the caching on the new forums works a lot better. I had to sign in every other day on the old forums even after selecting "remember me."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:46 am

I really like some of the new features, such as that it warns you when someone else has posted to a thread while you're futzing around trying to finish your post. And you can see what was written, in case it makes your contribution obsolete. This would be really good for Kyle's games when they get to going quickly during the day sometimes.

And it APPEARS, though I haven't yet tried it, that you can PM multiple people at once! That is going to be terrific for my game - hey, let me go try it right now, in fact.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:45 pm

This is definitely much nicer than the old board. The color scheme is a lot easier on my eyes. :)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Reika!

Things just keep getting better and better.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Talk”