NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Elle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 am

Yes experience has demonstrated at least for me that the things I don't want to admit to are the problem.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:37 am

Tonight's dinner: .

Oh my god- it's my favorite. Another crockpot recipe. This one tastes AMAZING and a large bowl: (1) fills you up; and (2) is under 400 calories.

The secret is to use fresh basil- not dried.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Link broken... :cry:
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Is it for everyone? It still works for me.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Broken.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:27 pm

it was always a lie. :cry:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Here's the recipe:

Tomato Basil Chicken Stew

Ingredients
1 medium White Onion, chopped
2 carrot(s), diced
4 cloves Garlic Clove
56 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes, 28 Oz Can
14 oz Cannelinni Beans
12 oz Whole Roasted Chicken
2 cups Baby Spinach Organic
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp Salt*
1/2 tsp Pepper, Black
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes

Directions
1.Chop all vegetables to desired sizes and add to crockpot.

2. Chop chicken into chunks and add to crockpot.

3. Add all other ingredients to crockpot. When adding canned beans and tomatoes, add juices to the crockpot as well to add to the liquid content of the stew.

4. Mix ingredients together in crockpot and turn on to low.

5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Makes four large bowls.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Only the cake was a lie.

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Good for all of you. I'm not joining, as I don't need to lose weight. If anything, I probably need to gain some, and am continually stymied at doing so. But in solidarity for you all trying to feel better, I am going to publicly post my blood sugar levels, as that's my hugest body-health concern at the moment.

Yesterday:
Breakfast - 351
Lunch - 128
Dinner - 343

Today:
Breakfast - 93
Lunch - 77
Early Evening - 245
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:15 pm

The regulation of blood sugar is really mysterious to me because although obviously you can control some things with diet, it seems like there are other fluctuations that happen without any connection to diet. One thing my husband realized when he started micromanaging his diet to lose weight is that he was eating carbs on this weirdly binge-like cycle. He would go for most of the day and night without them, and then suddenly have one huge carb-laden meal. We were also not up to speed on how many carbs are in vegetables. Turns out that every single one of my husband's favorite vegetables (and peas, I am really staring at y'all here) was a surprisingly carb-laden disaster. Even when he was eating fruit, thinking it was a good thing, turns out he was getting huge amounts of sugar. For me this is not a major concern but I am distressed by how badly I am craving carbs and sugar after a few days of eating better. I have cravings for things like chips & salsa and ice cream and pumpkin muffins that are nearly hallucinatory in their realness. I mean, if I giant pumpkin muffin was sitting in my driveway, which is what I am imagining vividly right now, I would fling my entire body into it and just eat straight through.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Carbs are in just about everything, with the exception of water and meat. Beans have carbs, but you don't have to count those, because they pass right through you. In my experience, most sugar-free foods have either the same amount or more carbs in them than the sugar version, so why not just eat the one that tastes better?
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:22 am

Is anyone else doing strength training or weight lifting along with their diets and exercises? I know MFP will not change your daily calorie goal no matter how much you lift, but it is still a good idea.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 am

Latest NYT headline: obesity linked to 13 kinds of cancer. So yes to permanent diet change even though I feel like joining the dog to catch rabbits on the walk. Hopefully a temporary blip.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:20 am

Ronster, I use (light) weights and (more commonly) resistance bands to try to work on my upper arms...and I do squats and such for legs when I work on them. I've started this again this week.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am

It's still 95 here when I get home from work with a heat index over 100. But a cold front comes through tonight that's going to lower it to the 70s. So tomorrow I'm going to start walking in the evenings.

Ron- at some point I'll start a non-cardio exercise regime. But I need to really work on my cardio.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 pm

I don't even believe in drinking this much water, but I'm doing it anyway. Cuz it's on the app.

80oz yesterday. 72 so far today. I think I have a drinking problem.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I have a 24 oz bottle I drink from at work and I drink at least 4 of those a day. That's not even including the water I drink at home.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:19 pm

I don't know what the upper limit is but I do know drinking water is good, good, good! Lowers risk of diabetes. You eat less. Lowers risk of various cardiovascular problems. We need the water. I need to trade in that BS lost hour of sleep and corresponding caffeinated soda for more sleep and water.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:56 am

Yeah- the other things that I'm doing:

1- NO CARBONATED BEVERAGES- None. Drink Water.

2- DO NOT DRINK CALORIES- None. It says coffee has 2 calories, but I don't believe it. Drink coffee, tea and water only. The only exception to this is metamucil.

3- NO SNACKING EXCEPT FOR FRUIT- You can snack on fresh fruit only. That's it.

4- REDUCE CAFFEINE- I've gone from a giant cup of coffee (16 ounces) every morning to an 8 ounce cup. No caffeine after that one cup.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”