NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Elle » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Exactly. You're not making a temporary change here; you're making a life change for happiness. When you drink water and exercise and eat great foods in the right amount, you feel great! We want to feel great. We deserve it. Remember how bad it feels to scrounge a meal out of the quickie mart, and how awesome it feels to eat your delicious crock pot soup and things from your garden!

I am sitting here with about 500 bite size candies.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:03 am

I almost need my own confession thread...

I had a cruller and it was the best! I really needed to have walked at lunch to keep me under my net calories, but hey, that's life.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:08 pm

I officially reached the stage of Hangry and none of my co-workers wanting to talk to me, and we are usually super close.

Yes, I've had a crappy ass couple of days emotionally and physically, but that's no excuse. (I also ate like shit, under calories, but BAD choices)

Decided it was back to the meal bars today, but I was still ranging angry at everything....so....I just ate Chipotle. I feel better, still cranky, but not to the point where I'm gonna kill someone.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:16 pm

I totally hear you. I am Sooooo hungry all the time and lately also just really tired.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Rice has become my lower calorie ally making vegetables much better and I grate a minimal amount of cheese to make it perfect.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:01 am

THREE WEEKS! Some of you are doing just amazing - with the weight loss, with the exercising, with the calorie counting!!!

I think I have lost a pound. Maybe! My weight fluctuates a huge amount during the day and from day to day, so it's like election-poll tracking or something, I need a whole 538 analysis just to figure out if I've lost a pound.

More importantly, counting calories has left me in a state of being constantly hungry, and then sort of hungry but in a manageable way, and now if I eat a big gorging high-calorie meal, it makes me feel sick. So thanks a fucking lot, weight loss plan, for ruining my ability to pig out comfortably without providing a corresponding level of fat disruption. I have to assume this means better things are on the way.

Today I refreshed my stocks of broccoli, lettuce, and fish, so hopefully the week will be full of better meals. Yesterday's food diary involved mostly a bunch of cheese pizza. Today includes the following sequence:
Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin Bread
Clearly those are two different kinds of pumpkin item, and they are vegetable-based, so it's a fully balanced and healthy diet. Then I had some scallops and mashed potatoes. That is not a plan, but do you see a pattern from the poor sugar-deprived body, desperate to get it in any form? And I had a margarita - maybe that was the vitamin C. At that point you have to stop eating so as not to exceed the calorie limit. The good news is that I haven't desired to eat MORE than the calorie limits lately, despite my crap meals. This has to be a sign of turning the ship, right?
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:38 am

I was off for 3 days but when I got back online monday to add all my calories in from the previous days it didn't matter. I am on a 1 day streak, LOL...
Wasted effort keeping track of all the calories.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 am

I pinched a nerve in my neck so bad that I broke down and went to urgent care yesterday. Now I'm flying on muscle relaxers and can't exercise until next week- when I'll start my gym membership.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

take care to rest. :(
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:04 am

I started doing some tai chi along with the youtube trainer. Best if done without teenage hecklers. It reminds me of Worf's Klingon Battle meditation exercises from TNG and DS9 only not wearing pajamas or wielding a bat'leth or however you spell the word for klingon curvy blade thing.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 am

I love tai chi, don't do as much of it as I'd like, and thinking of it as a Klingon warrior training practice is only going to double my enthusiasm for it. I have lost a pound, but more importantly, have retrained my eating patterns and expectations of normal. I am not going to let down our dear leader by being the undisciplined kind of woman who likes to eat too much, lol!!! WAIT focus on the Klingons! I mean, I am not going to be the kind of weak Klingon who cannot control her appetites completely!!!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Okay, all. Now is not the time to eat our feelings (whether they be angry or happy)-- let's keep at it!
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Luckily, all I can keep down is coffee! HURRAH for anxiety!
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:11 pm

I felt two cookies and a baby ruth and twix mini.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 am

Halloween is the WORST time for a diet to kick in...the leftover candies just sitting there. better to throw it out than to allow it to "reverse- Adipose" me.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:02 am

I'd like to but ultimately my kids fetched it. I have to tell you though, a lot of it tastes gross to me now that I've reduced calories and started paying attention to food. That's sad but helpful. It no longer satisfies that sugar craving. Now a margarita would, but that's because it tastes limeade like.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:50 am

Weighing oneself daily is so frustrating. I weigh myself at the same time every morning: right after my shower, but before I've had anything to eat or drink. And most days I can see the ups and downs that reflect the last two days' activities (for example, if I break my diet badly on Wednesday, I know it might be Friday before the scale fully reflects it). But with normal fluctuations, there's times when I'm up four or five pounds from the day before with no clue why. And usually most of that giant jump disappears the next day. But not always. And I KNOW that this is how it is, and I know individual daily readings don't mean crap, and yet I still get demoralized when I know I've had a good couple days, but all of a sudden the scale says I'm a pound or two up. I have to get over that reaction, but I can't.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 am

I think if you're going to look EVERY day, you either have to talk yourself into being unaffected, which is hard just like you said, or you have to literally plot them on a chart so you can see the trend line over a month or two, vs day to day. My solution has been to avoid weighing. When I see it's no better I feel frustrated.

Today is the first day I saw a downward tick of about three pounds that seems appropriate after three weeks of careful diet. It took a while to get going, and I know it's going to pop back up again before further drops. I feel like my body is fighting this, my metabolism, everything. But real changes happened that matter more than weight: I feel "normal" hungry before meals. I don't need to snack as much. I feel ill if I overeat. Etc. I have to assume that means the body is being broken of some bad habits.

Return to “Nerd Talk”