NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

NPR Fitness Group

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:45 am

Anyone interested in doing this with me? I'm my fattest I've ever been-- 297-- and looking to lose weight and start being more active. I thought that if there were others so inclined, maybe we could post up here about our progress and encourage each other.

For me (and no one would have to agree to do all this, just whatever they want) I was thinking of tracking: (1) Food/Drinks eaten; (2) Water; (3) Weight; (4) Activity outside of regular activity; (5) Sleep.

Anyone that wants to participate can post up what they've done, and if things change during the day, they can edit and update their post.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm in.

When we did our weight loss competition with Runanide years ago, I bloated up prior to that by intentionally pigging out for several days. I was 292 at that point. Other than that week, I'm starting now at my heaviest... 280.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:57 pm

We can use the MyFitnesspal app and website to do this i think. We can all buddy up on there maybe. it tracks all that stuff you mentioned except for other activity and sleep.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:03 pm

I hadn't thought of using an app. I use livestrong online and it tracks everything but sleep.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Ron- i have an iphone and can't find that app.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Nevermind. I found it. I'm going to download and try it. I'd like if we have an app to use. Makes it easier.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Okay- I'm in on this myfitnesspal app. My user name is wandmlaw
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:44 pm

I'm on as nerdprideradio

I tried searching for wandmlaw, but the app requires the "Distance from you" field to be filled in and the most you can set it for is 400km. Either we invite each other by email, or there's another way on the site that I haven't found yet.

I'd rather stick to usernames if possible, because it seems like it should be cleaner that way, but whatever.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:42 pm

YES

About three years ago I started doing some kind of effed up eating for psychological comfort vs. for good reasons, and I already love to cook and eat as it is, so the combination is terrible for the waistline. I walk every day with my dog and that helps, but it is no substitute for actually making the fat parts go away and be non-fat.

Runanide drifted back up again after you guys did that contest, and then he did another contest with a whole organization and won (are you sensing a pattern here? he performs well when asked to compete, which is interesting... I should find a way to encourage him to wash dishes as part of a competition), and then he drifted a bit and brought his weight WAY back down over the last six months. I secretly suspect he was afraid he would have to give up smoking unless he could convince his doctor that major progress in health was being made in other areas! Anyway, his methods were excellent and involved both this level of serious accountability for every single thing eaten and every bit of exercise completed, and also a massive reduction in carbs and increase in morning protein. I have been trying to duplicate them but with far less success, and my problems were very different to begin with. I get exercise but need more, and I eat good foods but need less. I also need regular fucking sleep, seriously, that has to be a major reason for problems. I know that cortisol is deadly for belly fat and all sorts of reasons, and I am like a walking vial of cortisol.

In short, YES I will join this as soon as I have more time to deal with my phone and get the app.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Me me me! Omg, I am so grossed out by myself that I can't even bring myself to get on the scale.

I'm at my heaviest (non pregnant ) weight to start as well, and you guys are the most supportive people ever. I'm also back on thyroid meds (and kinda depressed about it) but maybe my metabolism will bounce back a bit, my energy is getting better.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:05 pm

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! I'm on a slippery slope and would like to get off! Hold me accountable for my actions! What is the full name of this app? I could only find the "Calorie Counter" version of myfitnesspal.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Eli- it's the first one that pops up, but I didn't reconize it because it's title is more a description. It's blue icon has the Underarmor symbol on it and the silhouette of someone jumping.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Eli- it's the first one that pops up, but I didn't reconize it because it's title is more a description. It's blue icon has the Underarmor symbol on it and the silhouette of someone jumping.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:06 pm

I get home in the morning and I will join up.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:37 am

Okay- so everyone enjoy your weekend because we are starting Monday!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:38 am

Okay- so everyone enjoy your weekend because we are starting Monday!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:06 am

I am starting NOW.
Last edited by Elle on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

Apparently I've tried this app before but I don't remember it...so I'm on as bioactress or bioactress@gmail.com. Kyle, your user name comes up as invalid for me. Mike and Elle, I sent you requests...I'm not sure I did it right though
Power and Ripp forever

Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:59 am

I'll start food wise on monday, but I think I'm gonna start Shaun T's Cize workouts again (third time's the charm right?) And I may start today....or maybe not depending on housework.
Power and Ripp forever

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:38 am

I'm in! dshort19!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”