NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Eliahad » Wed May 27, 2020 5:08 pm

I ran 5 miles for the first time ever today. I mean, they're 11 - 12 minute miles, but I didn't stop. Take that High School me! Narrowing in on that 10k goal!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 28, 2020 5:01 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 am

According to iFit, which is connected to my treadmill, I have run 54 miles in 7 hours 14 minutes and 58 seconds over the past week.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 am

Ugh, I have been a disaster lately on the whole fitness thing. Over a week, almost 2 weeks now. It's been too hot to go outside - too hot for me at least, and also very moist and muggy. Terrible combo.

Then indoors I've had so many other projects with which to busy myself that I put off working out and then end up not doing it. I think about it all the time and just fail to execute, which is unlike me. it's also a great way of dealing with stress and anxiety so I need to be doing it. Grrr.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 am

This morning's run was 7 miles in 52 minutes 33 seconds. The longest distance I've been able to maintain that pace. And now that my pace and distances are back up to their pre-injury levels, and I've cut back down on my weekend soda consumption, my weight is starting to creep back down to my pre-injury weight.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am

It's very exciting that you are able to get back into your normal stride after the injury! We don't want your fun daily exercise to be causing pain.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 am

Oh, I still have aches and pains from pushing myself, but it's the good kind of ache. Last week was recovery week, so less strength training and more cardio and stretching. So after doing my strength training workout yesterday, the back and abs were a bit achy, but in that "those muscles got a good workout!" way, rather than the "I think I pulled something" way.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 am

How's it going with the running now? I would prefer to run outside but it's just too hot. It's also the season of allergy for some reason, and we're not even to ragweed yet. I need to get motivated because being in the house all day you really do burn fewer calories. There is too much lounging about in comfort and you don't even really notice how different that is, because comfort! Own house! I like being in the nest.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:18 am

We've been having 90+ degree days pretty consistently here, but if I walk before 9am it's been under 80 degrees, and if I go at dusk, it's usually low 80s.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:12 am

I ran a treadmill half-marathon the other weekend in 1 hour, 44 minutes and 18 seconds, which is about 3 second away from my personal best. I've been running a half-marathon just about every weekend, and keeping up my faster, shorter runs during the week, to the point where I'm back to where I was at my peak before the injuries slowed me down. And my weight has started dropping, and I should be below 180 again in the next week or so, for the first time in 12-18 months.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:41 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 am

New personal record this morning! Finished 13.1 miles in 1 hour 42 minutes and 48 seconds! Ran 7.5 mph for the first 9 miles, then 8 mph for the rest. :banana:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:41 am

Nice job! It's exciting to be getting older and still hitting those kind of PRs, like you are getting better as you age. And also nice to have overcome the injury. It's not quite as hot as it was earlier this month so I need to get my act together and do more weight lifting outside. Or just yard work in general which functions as an excellent workout, given the intensity of stuff I have to do. Hauling heavy stones to and fro, digging, etc.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:23 am

back on the bandwagon
I have added intermittent fasting to the list of fads I am trying.
pretty much going more than 12 hr from the last meal you had the day before. not so easy when I drive 3 and work 10+ hrs a day...but I am trying.

Only had my vitamins water and now some black coffee.

my goal for this week: 14 hours, then expand from there. There are some real benefits when combined with KETO, but I am doing whole 30.

Bye Bye breads and pretty much white starchy things, grains, soy, added sugar, soft drinks, pizza, buns, rolls, etc.

I will post here along the way.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:54 pm

I know plenty of people who rave about intermittent fasting, but it doesn't work for me. I can fit a butt-ton of calories into whatever window I allow myself. It doesn't make me eat less; I just have to eat it in a shorter timeframe. So it's still about portion control.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:37 am

Day 2 of 14 hours.
note to self: When the Venom-like voice screams "HUNGER!" from your belly and you have 2 more hours to go you have to distract yourself.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Was below 178 pounds this morning.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm

So, I had life changes in the last 3 years that a good number of you know about. At that time I weighed 165...but it was not a healthy weight, it was a stressful ball of nerves 165. My body wasn't processing anything. Since then, and being in a much healthier place, I got up to 207. Since the start of the pandemic I've had the chance to take a little more control over my schedule, which has also given me the opportunity to give me control over what I eat on a daily basis. That plus running. And now I'm down to 189 in a healthy way for the first time in a long time. Woo!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”