Reordering the forums?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Reordering the forums?

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:22 am

I'm wondering about moving the gaming forums down and the podcast forums up. See how it feels.

I want to give the people who might be fans of MLT and Angry Geeks a reason to actually visit those forums, but I feel like their traffic is limited by being farther down the page. I don't know about the rest of you but on my two main devices, I don't see the whole page, and sometimes I don't realize people have posted there.

On the other hand, I'd like to keep higher-traffic forums at the top for convenience.

Hmm. Maybe instead of (or in addition to) that, I'll eliminate the forum categories. They don't serve any administrative function here, and they take up a lot of space.

I convinced me. Let me try that first. Thanks for talking it out with me, guys. That was a lot of help.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Reordering the forums?

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:50 am

Eh. I don't think I like it.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Usually, when I come to the forum, I just pull up the list of unread posts. So the order the different forums appear on the first page doesn't matter too much. It only matters if I'm looking for a specific thread or looking to post a new thread, and then I can live with whatever order you want. It's your boards, we just all live on it. :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:14 pm

I think your podcast (and the others, if this is their only corresponding forum) should be at the top. Those are the ways new people come in, and for the rest of us it makes little difference since we just browse whatever is new.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm with Tahlvin and Elle on this one, I browse new first, so order however you like it :)
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:59 pm

I don't like the current one - why not put podcast right on top?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:16 pm

Give me a minute...
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Okay this is great. Just stop fucking with them.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Yeah. I'm good with them for now. We'll give it a few days and see what we think. But recategorizing and reordering is a tedious kind of thing, and there's no way to know what it's going to look like until you do it.

But I'm done for now.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Yes, I like this much better. Where it is now as of whatever time this is, I like it! Podcasts on top so that people coming in for that purpose will know they got the right thing and might be induced to comment. The two biggest forums next, followed by the rest that people already know to look for intentionally.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Pretty sure this was all just a ruse for him to win the thread.

"Oh, that's weird. Accidentally moved the First thread to site talk."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”