[MQT] Round 1 Group 14

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[MQT] Round 1 Group 14

Postby Kyle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:34 am

Here's how the tournament will work. For the first round, there will be four movies in a group (16 groups total). I will roll out four groups for voting at a time, and leave them open for half a week or so.

The community will vote by ranking the movies from 0-3. 3 being the top score for the best movie quote and 0 being for the worst movie quote. I will leave voting open for a few days. When voting closes, the scores will be tallied and the top 2 movies will move on and the bottom 2 will be eliminated. In the event of a meaningful tie (i.e., it determines who would move on), I will break the tie.

Rank these movie quotes:
Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: [MTQ] Round 1 Group 14

Postby poorpete » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am

Stacked group!

1 Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
0 Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
2 Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
3 Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:35 am

2 Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
3 Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
1 Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
0 Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:36 am

0 Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
1 Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
2 Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Re: [MQT] Round 1 Group 14

Postby Zombie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 am

0 - Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
3 - Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
2 - Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
1 - Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:49 pm

0 - Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
3 - Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
2 - Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
1 - Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:28 pm

This thread will close some time this weekend.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm

2 Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
0 Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
1 Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:36 pm

1 Casablanca- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!" Captain Renault
2Jaws- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody
3 Lawrence of Arabia- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." T.E. Lawrence
0 Blazing Saddles- "My name is Jim, but most people call me Jim" Jim
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:17 pm

VOTING IS CLOSED!

Results:
Jaws- 17
Lawrence of Arabia- 11
Blazing Saddles- 8
Casablanca- 6

Congrats Zombie and akiva! You each get a point!

Return to “The Gaming Table”