Celebrity Wikipedia

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Celebrity Wikipedia

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am

Gary Gygax?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Newt Gingrich
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Comey
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Steve Jackson
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am

"I had spent the previous two days watching about five monster movies on channel 5's 'Creature Feature' weekend, reading several Conan books (I cannot recall which ones, but I always thought they were all pretty much the same), and stuffing myself with popcorn, doodling on a piece of graph paper."
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:12 am

Dave Arneson?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 am

Guillermo Del Toro?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 am

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 am

Figured it was an early RPG pioneer.

[...] was born on June 9, 1961, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, to Phyllis (née Piper), an actress/payroll clerk, and William [...], a police officer and Canadian Forces member.

[...]'s family lived in various cities and towns across Canada because of his father's career. The family finally moved to Burnaby a city in the lower mainland in Greater Vancouver Area, Vancouver, British Columbia, when his father retired in 1971. His father died on January 6, 1990, from a heart attack. [...] attended Burnaby Central Secondary School, and now has a theatre named for him in Burnaby South Secondary. At age 15, [...] starred in the Canadian television series Leo and Me, produced by the CBC, and in 1979, at age 18, he moved to Los Angeles to further his acting career. Shortly after his marriage, he decided to move back to Vancouver. [...] is one of four members of the Leo and Me cast and crew who eventually developed Parkinson's disease in mid-life, an unusually high number that led to some investigation as to whether an environmental factor may have played a role.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am

Michael J. Fox?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:40 am

Definitely.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 am

If this wasn't a gaming forum on a nerd site, I'd throw red flags at calling Dave Arneson a celebrity.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm

After graduating from McGill University in 1952, [************] became the business manager for the Mountain Playhouse in Montreal before joining the Canadian National Repertory Theatre in Ottawa, where he trained as a classical Shakespearean actor.[15] [************] began performing at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Ontario, beginning in 1954. He played a range of roles at the Stratford Festival in productions that included a minor role in the opening scene of a renowned and nationally televised production of Sophocles' Oedipus Rex directed by Tyrone Guthrie, Shakespeare's Henry V, and Marlowe's Tamburlaine the Great, in which [************] made his Broadway debut in 1956.[16]
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Serena Williams
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

There are times when I think giving another clue for a guess is wrong, since you're not even trying given the numerous times "HE" is used in the clue already given and, last I knew, Serena Williams was neither an actor nor transgender... (Not to mention Canadian... As a matter of fact, I know she was born only about an hour from where I was born, sadly for her... It's a crappy little town, but on the US side of the border.)

But here's the next clue...

[************] was born in the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce neighbourhood of Montréal, Québec, Canada, to a Conservative Jewish household.[2] His parents are Anne (née Garmaise) and Joseph [************], a clothing manufacturer.[3][4] He has two sisters, Joy and Farla.[5]

His paternal grandfather, Wolf [***************], anglicized the family name to "[************]".[6]

[************] attended two schools in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Willingdon Elementary School[9] and West Hill High School,[10] and is an alumnus of the Montreal Children's Theatre.[11] He studied Economics at the McGill University Faculty of Management in Montreal, Canada, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.[12] In June 2011, McGill University awarded him an honorary Doctorate of Letters.[13] [************] was also awarded an honorary Doctorate of Letters from New England Institute of Technology in May 2018. [14]
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I don't think he's quite old enough, but I'll say Donald Sutherland.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Rick Moranis, my boogies.

Hmmm wait this guy is like 20 years older than him....

Rick Moranis, Sr.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:16 pm

[Yes, you'll also note that there wasn't much useful info in that set of clues... I actually didn't know before posting it that he is Jewish, so it probably isn't that helpful...]

No to all guesses... [There WILL be a dead give away in the one after this... Though I would have gotten it from the fact that he was a star at the Stratford Festival because I used to go there with my family and was always amazed that he pretty much got his start there... He never performed there in MY time going to plays there...]

His film debut was in the Canadian film Butler's Night Off (1951). His first feature role came in the MGM film The Brothers Karamazov (1958) with Yul Brynner, in which he starred as the youngest of the Karamazov brothers, Alexei. In December 1958, he appeared opposite Ralph Bellamy, playing Roman tax collectors in Bethlehem on the day of Jesus' birth in a vignette of a Hallmark Hall of Fame live television production entitled The Christmas Tree directed by Kirk Browning, which featured in other vignettes such performers as Jessica Tandy, Margaret Hamilton, Bernadette Peters, Richard Thomas, Cyril Ritchard, and Carol Channing. [************] had a leading role in an Alfred Hitchcock Presents third-season (1957–58) episode titled "The Glass Eye," one of his first appearances on American television.

In 1959, he received good reviews when he played the role of Lomax in the Broadway production of The World of Suzie Wong. In March 1959, while performing on stage in Suzie Wong, [************] was also playing detective Archie Goodwin in what would have been television's first Nero Wolfe series, had it not been aborted by CBS after shooting a pilot and a few episodes.[18] He appeared twice as Wayne Gorham in NBC's Outlaws (1960) Western series with Barton MacLane, and then in another Alfred Hitchcock Presents 5th-season episode titled "Mother, May I Go Out to Swim?" In 1961, he starred in the Broadway play A Shot in the Dark with Julie Harris and directed by Harold Clurman. Walter Matthau (who won a Tony Award for his performance) and Gene Saks were also featured in this play. [************] featured in two episodes of the NBC television series Thriller ("The Grim Reaper" and "The Hungry Glass") and the film The Explosive Generation (1961).

Guthrie had called the young [************] the Stratford Festival's most promising actor, and he was seen as a peer to contemporaries like Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, and Robert Redford. [************] was not as successful as the others, however, and during the 1960s he "became a working actor who showed up on time, knew his lines, worked cheap and always answered his phone." His motto was "Work equals work," but [************]'s willingness to take any role, no matter how "forgettable," likely hurt his career.[16] He took the lead role in Roger Corman's movie The Intruder (1962) and received very good reviews for his significant role in the Stanley Kramer film Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)

Return to “The Gaming Table”