Celebrity Wikipedia

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Celebrity Wikipedia

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Jimmy Stewart?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Damn right, Jimmy Stewart. Good call!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 pm

He's one of my all-time favorite actors.

Anywho, here's the clue for the next celebrity:

Known for his natural, authentic, understated acting style and screen performances, [...]'s career spanned 36 years, from 1925 to 1961, and included leading roles in 84 feature films. He was a major movie star from the end of the silent film era through to the end of the golden age of Classical Hollywood. His screen persona appealed strongly to both men and women, and his range of performances included roles in most major film genres. His ability to project his own personality onto the characters he played contributed to his natural and authentic appearance on screen. Throughout his career, he sustained a screen persona that represented the ideal American hero.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Cary Grant
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Humphrey Bogart.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:41 pm

In 1933, [...] married New York debutante Veronica Balfe, and they had one daughter. The marriage was interrupted by a three-year separation that was precipitated by [...]'s affair with Patricia Neal. [...] received the Academy Award for Best Actor for his roles in [...] and [...], and he received an Academy Honorary Award for his career achievements in 1961.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Clark Gable
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:29 am

Prior to his marriage, [...] had a series of romantic relationships with leading actresses, beginning in 1927 with Clara Bow, who advanced his career by helping him get one of his first leading roles in Children of Divorce. Bow was also responsible for getting [...] a role in Wings, which generated an enormous amount of fan mail for the young actor. In 1928, he had a relationship with another experienced actress, Evelyn Brent, whom he met while filming Beau Sabreur. In 1929, while filming The Wolf Song, [...] began an intense affair with Lupe Vélez, which was the most important romance of his early life. During their two years together, [...] also had brief affairs with Marlene Dietrich while filming Morocco in 1930 and with Carole Lombard while making I Take This Woman in 1931. During his year abroad in 1931–32, [...] had an affair with the married Countess Dorothy di Frasso, while staying at her Villa Madama in Rome.

After he was married in December 1933, [...] remained faithful to his wife until the summer of 1942, when he began an affair with Ingrid Bergman during the production of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Their relationship lasted through the completion of filming Saratoga Trunk in June 1943. In 1948, after finishing work on The Fountainhead, [...] began an affair with actress Patricia Neal, his co-star. At first they kept their affair discreet, but eventually it became an open secret in Hollywood, and [...]'s wife confronted him with the rumors, which he admitted were true. He also confessed that he was in love with Neal, and continued to see her. [...] and his wife were legally separated in May 1951, but he did not seek a divorce. Neal later claimed that [...] hit her after she went on a date with Kirk Douglas, and that he arranged for her to have an abortion when she became pregnant with [...]'s child. Neal ended their relationship in late December 1951. During his three-year separation from his wife, [...] was rumored to have had affairs with Grace Kelly, Lorraine Chanel, and Gisèle Pascal.

[...] was bisexual, having lived on and off with homosexual actor Anderson Lawler. Lupe Velez once told Hedda Hopper that during Velez' affair with [...], whenever he would come home after seeing Lawler, she would take down his pants and sniff for Lawler's cologne.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:36 am

Laurence Olivier
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

After making Frank Borzage's romantic comedy film Desire with Marlene Dietrich at Paramount—in which he delivered a performance considered by some contemporary critics as one of his finest—[...] returned to Poverty Row for the first time since his early silent film days to make Frank Capra's screwball comedy Mr. Deeds Goes to Town with Jean Arthur for Columbia Pictures. In the film, [...] plays the character of Longfellow Deeds, a quiet, innocent writer of greeting cards who inherits a fortune, leaves behind his idyllic life in Vermont, and travels to New York where he faces a world of corruption and deceit. Capra and screenwriter Robert Riskin were able to use [...]'s well-established screen persona as the "quintessential American hero"—a symbol of honesty, courage, and goodness—to create a new type of "folk hero" for the common man.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:33 am

So... a very small bell is ringing. Patricia Neal was married for a long time to Roald Dahl, who obviously is not an actor, but she has an affair with this guy, who is on the tip of the brain but... argh. Arghhh. He's one of those pretty faces, as an actor, very smooth, like very opposite of the Humphrey Bogart type. More like the Cary Grant type, but a little earlier. Oh it's right there. The name of this person is stored in the same color-box as Cary Grant; that sounds crazy but it's on that same neuron or whatever. So when I think Cary Grant, something about that is very close, but it's like blocking access to the real name I want.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 am

Phoebe, you're getting close!

[...]'s most important film during the post-war years was Fred Zinnemann's Western drama High Noon (1952) with Grace Kelly for United Artists. In the film, [...] plays retiring sheriff Will Kane who is preparing to leave town on his honeymoon when he learns that an outlaw he helped put away and his three henchmen are returning to seek their revenge. Unable to gain the support of the frightened townspeople, and abandoned by his young bride, Kane nevertheless stays to face the outlaws alone. During the filming, [...] was in poor health and in considerable pain from stomach ulcers. His ravaged face and discomfort in some scenes "photographed as self-doubt", according to biographer Hector Arce, and contributed to the effectiveness of his performance.

On April 17 [1961], [...] watched the Academy Awards ceremony on television and saw his good friend James Stewart, who had presented [...] with his first Oscar years earlier, accept on [...]'s behalf an honorary award for lifetime achievement—his third Oscar. Speaking to [...], an emotional Stewart said, "[...], I want you to know I'll get it to you right away. With it goes all the friendship and affection and the admiration and deep respect of all of us. We're very, very proud of you, Coop." The following day, newspapers around the world announced the news that [...] was dying. In the coming days he received numerous messages of appreciation and encouragement, including telegrams from Pope John XXIII and Queen Elizabeth II, and a telephone call from President John F. Kennedy.

In his last public statement on May 4, [...] said, "I know that what is happening is God's will. I am not afraid of the future." He received the last rites on May 12. [...] died quietly the following day, Saturday, May 13, 1961, at 12:47 p.m., six days after his sixtieth birthday.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Gary Cooper
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:32 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:46 am

:horrified: :horrified: :horrified:

:suspect: :flame: :roll: :( :oops:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:16 am

Pre-guess: Vanilla Ice
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 am

His debut album was released in January 1989.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:02 am

Rob Van Winkle
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Trent Reznor
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Marilyn Manson?

Return to “The Gaming Table”