Celebrity Wikipedia

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Celebrity Wikipedia

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:51 pm

____________ (born January 3, 1973) is an American writer, producer, and actor. ____________ created and produced the NBC sitcom ____________, co-created the Adult Swim animated series ____________, and co-founded the alternative television network/website ____________. ____________ published the book You'll Be Perfect When You're Dead in 2013. He also hosts a weekly eponymous podcast.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Dan Harmon?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Yepper.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Yepper.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 am

As a child, [he] spoke German.
Only one of young [his] seven siblings, his younger sister Mamie, survived infancy.
became a shirtmaker and was also proficient as a carpenter
He was rarely visited by his family; his mother died when he was 12 and by some accounts, he was permitted to leave St. Mary's only to attend the funeral.
one of the great natural misbehavers of all time
He was a lifelong Catholic who would sometimes attend Mass after carousing all night
illness was due to binging on hot dogs and soda pop before a game, it became known as "the bellyache heard 'round the world".
one of its "first five" inaugural members
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 pm

George Herman "Babe" Ruth?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm

[Redacted] is widely credited with setting 90 MLB records during his career.

He still holds the career record for stealing home (54 times) and for stealing second base, third base, and home in succession (5 times), and as the youngest player ever to compile 4,000 hits and score 2,000 runs. [Redacted] ranks fifth all-time in number of games played and committed 271 errors, the most by any American League (AL) outfielder.

On August 8, 1905, [Redacted]'s mother fatally shot his father with a pistol that his father had purchased for her.[33] Court records indicate that Mr. [Redacted] had suspected his wife of infidelity[34] and was sneaking past his own bedroom window to catch her in the act. She saw the silhouette of what she presumed to be an intruder and, acting in self-defense, shot and killed her husband.[35] Mrs. [Redacted] was charged with murder and then released on a $7,000 recognizance bond.[36] She was acquitted on March 31, 1906.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Ty Cobb?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:57 pm

[...] is an American former professional baseball outfielder who played 22 years in Major League Baseball (MLB). He spent most of his career with the Seattle Mariners and Cincinnati Reds, along with a short stint with the Chicago White Sox. A member of the Baseball Hall of Fame and a 13-time All-Star, [...] is one of the most prolific home run hitters in baseball history; his 630 home runs rank as the seventh-most in MLB history. [...] was also an exceptional defender and won 10 Gold Glove Awards in center field. He is tied for the record of most consecutive games with a home run (eight, with Don Mattingly and Dale Long).
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:44 am

Ken Griffey Jr.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 am

[switching sports]
Born in Wichita, Kansas, [Redacted] attended Wichita North High School.[5] [Redacted] started at tailback his sophomore year, but his brother Byron started before him in that position the following year. [Redacted] did not become the starting running back until the fourth game of his senior year. He rushed for 1,417 yards in the final seven games of the season, which earned him all-state honors. During that seven-game span, [Redacted] averaged 10.2 yards per carry, but he was overlooked by most college recruiters.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:47 am

Because of Syracuse pride and that great yards/carry, I'm going to guess Jim Brown.
Plus Byron Brown sounds like a plausible older brother's name.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:51 am

In contrast to many of the star players of his era, [Redacted] was also noted[18] for his on-field humility. Despite his flashy playing style, [Redacted] was rarely seen celebrating after the whistle was blown. Instead, he handed the ball to a referee or congratulated his teammates.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:04 am

I assume that means he's 90s or 00s era. Damn, I'm torn between that guy on the Lions and that guy on the Cowboys, but fun both of their names escape me right now.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Gale Sayers?

[I'm pretty sure that's wrong. But I swear I've seen a movie about this person, and Brian's Song was the only one I could think of at the moment.]
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Okok, Dion Sanders?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:02 pm

[two tidbits, from the beginning and end of his career]
The Detroit Lions selected [Redacted] with the 3rd overall pick in the 1989 Draft,[5] thanks to the endorsement of then-coach Wayne Fontes. The Lions' management considered drafting another [Redacted], cornerback Deion [Redacted], but Fontes convinced them to draft [Redacted] instead. He was offered No. 20, which had been worn by former Lions greats Lem Barney and Billy Sims;

On July 27, 1999, [Redacted] announced he was retiring from pro football. His retirement was made public by faxing a letter to the Wichita Eagle, his hometown newspaper.[19]

He left football healthy, having gained 15,269 rushing yards (the highest total rushing yards ever by any NFL player in a 10-year span), 2,921 receiving yards, and 109 touchdowns (99 rushing and 10 receiving). He retired within striking distance of Walter Payton's career rushing mark of 16,726 yards. Only Payton and Emmitt Smith have rushed for more yards than [Redacted].

Return to “The Gaming Table”