[UNNAMED HORROR] Looking for a Group

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[UNNAMED HORROR] Looking for a Group

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 am

With Paranoia wrapping up, I was wondering if people would like to play something similar with a horror bent. You'd all be in a creepy mansion somewhere in New England for one reason or another.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [UNNAMED HORROR] Looking for a Group

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 am

Sure, I'm up for that!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 am

Sounds fun
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am

I'm in if you'll have me.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 am

I'm in if you'll have Mrs. Darcs. She's awesome.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I'll play. What's the format? Forum based?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

I want to do it the way Mike handles Paranoia. So emails to me with updates out on the regular.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Hell yeah! I'm so in.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Wonderful. It looks like we have about six players. I will work on getting things typed up so that we can probably start playing at the end of this month.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Ooops, miscounted. I have five players. I will wait a few days and see if there's a sixth before I say no more players.

Mu hehehehehehehe
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Im in as long as I don't have to make the character.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:57 pm

I'd be up for giving it a shot if you can take one more...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Are we creating our own characters or will you be deciding for us?

Also, are you planning to run it like Paranoia in that the players only experience what their own character can sense?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

You will have an opportunity to set up your own character based on the setting, which I will get written up as quickly as I can. If you run into problems, I will be happy to help out. There will be facets to your characters I will be handing out when the game gets going.

I want to have it play out like Paranoia in that the entries I send to you will have what you know and percieve. Everybody will be getting BCC'd emails as game updates. There will be chances to ask me additional questions before making a move.

Also, like Mike has said previously, I would love to be able to make a significant move once per week.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

Okay - so two new folks. I think I am okay with seven. I'll help Pat get somebody set up.

Stay tuned, loyal readers.

If you have the time, track down an episode or two of
Arch Oboler's Lights Out or read your Lovecraft.

You'll be in an old mansion, somewhere along the coast of storm-drenched New England.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

The Keller Estate

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm

This is the location for the game to take place. I said I'd help Pat with a character and I wanted everybody to see what I was planning.

Today is September 14th, 1908. Our story takes place in a storm-torn port city of Biddeford, Maine.

Julius Keller was the patriarch of the family a century ago. The home was founded on a whaling fortune. Built onto a severe promontory, it overlooks Biddeford and the harsh Atlantic sea. The place was quite grand in its prime, but years of dwindling families have left parts of the mansion abandoned. More, there are deep galleries and the family tombs cut from the living granite. The pine forests that surround the tended gardens are quite forbidding, and have grown over, leaving only a single road to wind back to civilization.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

Questions:

1- Will we know who is playing what character, or is that secret like in Paranoia?

2- Are there restrictions on the characters we make? I.E., they have to be part of a team, university, family, etc?

3- I want to be a female, half-orc bard with a terrible wisdom. Can we incorporate that somehow?

Okay, you can ignore question 3.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 am

I'm planning for players not knowing characters. I feel like that mystery adds to the game.

I am working on a document for the characters. Here is the start of it.

Each of you has a connection to the Keller family. You are a relative of the Pittson or Keller families, an important person in Biddeford, a local celebrity or a servant of the home
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

Send an email to Antimuppet@gmail.com with Keller Manor in the title, please. That way I've got what you want to use.

Return to “The Gaming Table”