Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby poorpete » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:06 am

Clash of the Titans?
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:52 am

300?
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:09 am

Oh crap! I forgot I was running this one.

According to Sammon, it became the standard against which sword and sorcery films were measured until the debut of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in 2001.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:22 am

Conan the Barbarian
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:04 pm

DING!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:50 pm

___________ was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Goldie Hawn), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Eileen Brennan), and Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen (Nancy Meyers, Charles Shyer, Harvey Miller).
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 am

__________ is a 1980 American comedy film starring Goldie Hawn. The film was one of the biggest box office hits of 1980, and also spawned a short-lived television series. The film is ranked 82 on the American Film Institute's "100 Funniest Movies" poll, and 59 on Bravo's "100 Funniest Movies".
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:15 am

Private Benjamin?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:21 am

Yes!!!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:47 pm

John Winger is a cab driver who, in the span of a few hours, loses his job, his apartment, his car, and his girlfriend. Realizing that he is a loser with no prospects, he decides to join the Army. Talking his best friend Russell Ziskey, a teacher of English as a second language, into joining with him, they go to a recruiting office and are soon sent off to basic training.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Stripes?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 am

"A multinational venture, the film was made on a US$17 million budget, and was produced by Asian Union Film & Entertainment, China Film Co-Productions Corporation, Columbia Pictures Film Production Asia, Edko Films, Good Machine International, and Zoom Hunt Productions."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 am

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 am

Yes!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 am

[...] premiered on November 30, 1993, in Washington, D.C. and it was released on December 15, 1993, in the United States. Often listed among the greatest films ever made, it was also a box office success, earning $321.2 million worldwide on a $22 million budget. It was the recipient of seven Academy Awards (out of twelve nominations), including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Score, as well as numerous other awards (including seven BAFTAs and three Golden Globes). In 2007, the American Film Institute ranked the film 8th on its list of the 100 best American films of all time. The Library of Congress selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry in 2004.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Principal photography took place in Kraków, Poland, over the course of 72 days in 1993.

Cinematographer Janusz Kamiński wanted to give the film a sense of timelessness. John Williams composed the score, and violinist Itzhak Perlman performs the film's main theme.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Schindler's List
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm

In an attempt to create a sense of realism for the storyline, principal CNN news outlet commentators were scripted into [Redacted]. More than 25 news reporters from CNN had roles in the film and the CNN programs Larry King Live and Crossfire were also included. Ann Druyan makes a cameo appearance as herself, debating with Rob Lowe's character, Richard Rank, on Crossfire.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “The Gaming Table”