Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby Zombie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Ghostbusters
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Designing [Redacted]'s visual effects sequences was a joint effort among eight separate VFX companies. This team included Sony Pictures Imageworks, Peter Jackson's Weta Digital, George Lucas' Industrial Light & Magic, and Effects Associates, with Pixar's RenderMan used for CGI rendering. Weta Digital, in particular, was responsible for designing the wormhole sequence.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:16 am

[Since it's been a while... here's another hint...]
Carl Sagan conceived the idea for [Redacted] in 1979. The same year, Lynda Obst, one of Sagan's closest friends, was hired by film producer Peter Guber to be a studio executive for his production company, Casablanca FilmWorks. She pitched Guber the idea for [Redacted], who commissioned a development deal.[2] Sagan and Ann Druyan (who later became his wife) wrote a 100+ page film treatment, finishing in November 1980.[3][4] Druyan explained:

"Carl's and my dream was to write something that would be a fictional representation of what [Redacted] would actually be like, that would convey something of the true grandeur of the universe."
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:46 am

Contact
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:29 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 pm

__________ is a 1991 American romantic action adventure film, based on the English folk tale of __________.

The film grossed over $390 million worldwide, ranking as the second-highest-grossing film of 1991.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Prince of Thieves?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Absolutely!

Go pete!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:07 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:27 pm

The third film adaptation

was one of several films leaked by the "Guardians of Peace", a group that the FBI believes has ties to North Korea

Jay-Z and Will Smith served as producers

an auto-tuned "disaster"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am

generally negative reviews but was a box office success, grossing $133 million against a budget of $65 million
Cameron Diaz in her final film role before her retirement
Jamie Foxx as Will Stacks, a wealthy politician and cell phone mogul
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 am

You know... I didn't even know Cameron Diaz had retired... sigh... I've got very little clue on this one... I know this can't be it...

Something About Mary
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 am

I thought "Will Stacks" would be a good clue

released theatrically on December 19, 2014

The songs were rearranged with a percussive, pop-inspired style: in particular, [redacted] —whilst maintaining the use of "natural" sounds for its rhythm, was updated in a hip hop style.

s dog Sandy is a female in this film, as opposed to past adaptations where the dog is a male.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:07 am

Annie?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am

YEEEEE-AAH!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Joel Silver said in a Q&A for The Nice Guys (2016) that Shane Black's original title was Die Hard. Silver asked if he could take the title for a project he was working on at the time called Nothing Lasts Forever, which eventually became Die Hard (1988).

Shane Black and Tony Scott both said in later years how the original script was far better than the final film.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Ooooh Lethal Weapon?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:02 pm

The film's score was composed and conducted by Michael Kamen (who also scored Hudson Hawk that year), his only work for Tony Scott. Bill Medley performed the song "Friday Night's A Great Night For Football," written by Steve Dorff and John Bettis, on screen during the opening credits (the song is also reprised over the end titles); the song was released as a CD single by Curb Records.[26]

On August 25, 2015, La-La Land Records released a limited edition soundtrack album featuring most of Kamen's score, plus Medley's song.

Return to “The Gaming Table”