Dragon Tower

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Dragon Tower

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 pm

As described in the podcast:

You have four players: Dragon, Jester, Wizard, Knight

The Wizard and Knight leave the room. The Dragon hides a playing card (the Prince or Princess) somewhere, ensuring that the Jester can see exactly where it is.

The Wizard and Knight return with the Knight being blindfolded. The Jester may not speak or make any noise at all. The Jester and Wizard may not move around.

Through pantomime, the Jester provides instructions to the Wizard, who in turn relays them to the Knight, who must find the card.

Awesome fun.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Dragon Tower

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:07 am

I played four rounds of this with my three youngest boys. It was a blast.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:20 am

For some reason, the description of this game got "All Along the Watchtower" stuck in my head...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:49 am

I'm glad you tried it, Kyle.

It's easy and fun. Next time we may try timing the rounds if people start screwing around too much. Also, I really want to try two teams competing to each find their own card at the same time.

Or hide five cards and the first team to get three of them wins.

But even with no extra rules, the kids played almost 20 rounds of this and were still raving about it the whole way home afterwards.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:50 am

Questions-

The Jester is allowed to move with the Dragon when he's hiding the King right? (I named the card the King instead of Princess so as not to be sexist.)

What happens if the King is hidden in an area that the Jester and Wizard can't see from where they're standing? This occurred because the room we were in had a corner that was sectioned off from the rest of the room.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 pm

The Jester gets to move with the Dragon (if needed) to get exact location. And along with this, the Dragon shouldn't be trying to deceive the Jester in any way.

We also had a situation where the Jester and Wizard were blind from their usual perches, and so we allowed them to move as needed to be able to see all necessary details.

Basically, having those two not move prevents the Jester from just walking over and pointing at the card, and the Wizard from walking around saying, "Follow my voice." Both would violate the spirit of the game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:12 pm

If you weren't sexist, you would have called it the Monarch.

Although, speaking seriously, maybe Prisoner works better.

Return to “The Gaming Table”