DEADPOOL dead honest

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DEADPOOL dead honest

Postby Ronster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Does anyone actually hope their deadpoolers die this year?
I am just asking what everyone's strategies are for picking their "tributes"

As for me, I go by which seemingly forgotten celebs have popped back into the limelight if only for a short time. :suspect:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: DEADPOOL dead honest

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I hope mine DON’T die. I pick mostly older celebs, with a few younger ones thrown in here and there. I know the older ones will die before too long, but they’ll go having lived a hopefully full life.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:57 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

I tend to pick celebrities that are old. If I hear them on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast and they sound like crap, they're on the list. Or, if they're mentioned on his podcast, and I'm surprised they're still alive, they make it on. I also check Wikipedia to see what musicians are 27 that year, and if they're talented they make it on as well.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 am

My first year was largely people I want dead. I added a couple of 'tactical' choices this year, because I'd like to score more than once.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:55 am

My strategy is to pick people I think might die in the next year. This year I'm going mostly with very old people, but it varies every year. I don't actively hope that any person in this world dies (actually, there's a couple exceptions that I may secretly wish were gone, but even those... not really). In general, my personal feelings towards a celebrity have no bearing on whether or not they go on my list. The exception is that a couple times, there have been celebrities who I really hope DON'T die, and in those cases, I don't pick them, no matter how good a tactical choice they are, because I might feel weird about getting points from them.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “The Gaming Table”