Herobattle IRL

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Herobattle IRL

Postby Kyle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:04 am

How could I do this? Cups representing the different "superhero" contestants and then different colored chits for hits and heals? Maybe a two minute timer for everyone to make their votes?

I'm thinking of running this with a group of my kids first and then running it at one of our (sometimes inebriated) game nights.

Thoughts?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Herobattle IRL

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I like the cup idea. It's very intuitive. Everyone nominates a hero. Someone then writes them on cards to draw out of a hat and on plastic cups.

Each hero cup starts with 8 heal chips.

Each round, each player gets 2 hit chips and 1 heal chip. Then, players trash talk or spout theories or whatever, as they drop chips into whatever cups they choose. Maybe even make them announce their choices as they go.

At the end of each round, go through each cup, removing hit-heal pairs. Everyone with heal chips left is still in the game.

If you want to do nemeses, you can have another set of the names for everyone to draw from for a nemesis. Then, if your nemesis dies, you show your nemesis card and get a bonus hit and heal for the next round. If you get your own name as nemesis, then no bonus, but also no one's out to get you.

I don't know how to incorporate callouts, or if they'd even make sense with everything moving so fast and no good way to track stuff. And without callouts, I don't know why it's important for most people to maintain a secret identity. That will take a little more work.

I did a version a long time ago that just needs a deck of cards and a bunch of chips or pennies or whatever. It's not as simple, and I don't know how well the guessing works (for the same reason as above), but it is playable. Also, it has a limit of 13 players unless you make some custom cards.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

I forgot about Cutthroat.

Off the top of my head, I was thinking that you would maintain your secret identities and that if someone successfully called out someone else, they could receive and extra two hits and heals to apply the next round. If they're wrong, they lose their ability to heal- permanently? Maybe only for three rounds? Call outs would be made publicly.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Could you get access to a cell phone or tablet for everyone?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:39 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:24 am

Okay so we’re moving three times in the next three weeks so I’ve had to put most of my gaming stuff in storage, which includes the flat glass marbles I bought to try this out. But in a month I’ll make a go of this.

Return to “The Gaming Table”