[Starfinder] Play by Messenger

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Starfinder] Play by Messenger

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:06 pm

So the latter is Illian's normal State of affairs having to fight next to/below Dwyn and Hal?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Here is an image of Chandra in her performance outfit. (Yeah, she pretty much wears a bikini under a shawl to sing... but hey, whatever gets people putting credit chips in the tip jar!)

As you can see, she has a fairly girlish figure under her wings and isn't really that large... though she still weighs around 375 lbs and is around 7' tall... or long... standing she's closer to 6.5'

[EDIT: Changed the weight down to 375 lb. On the site Dave provided, the range for normal Dragonkin was listed as 8 to 20 feet and 500 to 2000 lbs., all as Large with a 10 foot reach. If Chandra is a medium character with a 5' reach, she much be a bit lighter. She's still about 6'5 when standing and around 7' long from horn to tail.]
Last edited by Zen on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 am

M8
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:00 pm

I too would like to lurk also, just so if there's another one or a hop in opportunity, I'd like to not start from total zero.
Also, I'll be in China till Christmas, so unlikely to easily contribute, except for moral support.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:13 pm

I thought I'd try to simulate the stat dump that the program Mike and Tahlvin use puts out... so here it goes:

Chandra
Female Dragonkin Ace Pilot Solarian 1
CN Medium humanoid (Dragonkin)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
Breath Weapon: 30-foot cone of Ice that deals 1d6 Ice damage. At 3rd level, a dragonkin adds 1-1/2 × his character level to the damage. A creature in the cone can attempt a Reflex save for half damage (DC = 10 + half the dragonkin’s character level + his Constitution modifier). A dragonkin can’t use this ability again until he has taken a 10-minute rest to recover Stamina Points.
Dragonkin are immune to sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against effects that cause paralysis.
A dragonkin gains an extraordinary flight speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Until a dragonkin is 5th level, he must end his movement on the ground at the end of each turn or fall.
A dragonkin can form a permanent bond with one willing non-dragonkin creature. Once this bond is made, a dragonkin cannot form another partner bond unless its current partner dies. A dragonkin and its partner can communicate with each other as if they both had telepathy with a range of 100 feet. In combat, when a dragonkin is within 30 feet of its partner, both creatures roll initiative checks separately and treat the higher result as the result for both of them.
Partner Bond: Zee
--------------------
Defense SP 7 HP 6 RP 4
--------------------
EAC 15; KAC 16 vs CBM: 24
Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (land or air)
Solar Weapon (dark talons) +2 (1d6+1+special most of the time)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12 (+1); Dex 16 (+3); Con 11 (+0); Int 10 (+0); Wis 10 (+0); Cha 16 (+3)
Skills Acrobatics +7(1 ranks), Athletics +1, Bluff +3, Computers -, Diplomacy +3, Disguise +3 Intimidate +7 (1 ranks), Msticism -,
Perception 0, Physical Science -, Piloting +10 (1 ranks, SF), Profession: Singer +7 (1 ranks), Sense Motive +0, Stealth +3, Survival +0
Feats Skill Focus: Piloting, light armor proficiency, Basic, Advanced Melee, and Small Arms Weapon Proficiency
Languages Common, Draconic
Other Abilities Pilot knowledge, Solar Manifestation/Mode

Solar Revelations:
Black Hole (SU)
Supernova (SU)

Important Gear:
Freebooter Armor 1
Starstone Compass
Appropriate clothing for all occasions
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Here's my suggestion for a new Stellar Revelation:

2nd Level:
Gravity Thrusters: [Graviton Revelation]
You can increase or reduce the gravitational attraction between yourself and the starship or vehicle you are piloting. You can add a bonus equal to one-third your solarian level (minimum +1) to Piloting checks when piloting a starship or other vehicle in combat, attempting stunts, pulling off maneuvers, engaging in starship or vehicular combat, maneuvering in a chase, or otherwise piloting a starship. In addition, when piloting a vehicle, as a reaction when you are in a collision, you can reduce the collision damage your vehicle takes by half. At 6th level, when piloting a starship, you can increase the maneuverability and TL of the ship by one point or, when piloting a vehicle, increase the speed by 10% for a round.

When you are attuned or fully attuned, the bonus you gain from this revelation to checks to piloting doubles.

EDIT: This is based off of Gravity Boost and I tried to put in the same amount of benefits as that Stellar Revelation, with increases in ability at the same level. This gets Dave's original idea of increasing the maneuverability of the ship into the mix, but it is something that comes with experience.

EDIT2: I added TL to the 6th level maneuver bonus, as the description of TL directly states that it is tied to the ship's maneuverability. Hence when the ship is made more maneuverable, it should increase the TL as well.
Last edited by Zen on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Here's AEPRE on the right.

Although instead of an Apple logo on the side, there's a lighted silhouette of a Ysoki head.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:12 pm

How are we pronouncing AEPRE?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:59 pm

I can be the pilot? If you like. But maybe I should be a medical officer or something. I left it open. I hope Tahlvin didn't have some better specific idea of who Jaymee is... I'm just riffing on Being Prepared and a lot of stuff popped into mind!
8-)
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Oh... I should mention that I managed to make my Dragonkin an Ace Pilot build, so we've got that covered... She's a pilot, a Solarian, and a bit of a player... also Chaotic Neutral and may have a drinking problem... and is the human equivalent of 16... or a little bit under that actually...
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:14 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:16 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 am

Good, good. Well, Jaymee is now the medical officer on the transport vessel, and why are you all taking so long to get back?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:38 am

Because when you let Rocket, I mean Queequeg, try to rescue the Captain, explosives end up being involved. :)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:41 am

And building from other comments, Jaymee is the ship's medic, and her class is Operative. That makes her the most badass EMT in the world. A medic-in-black, as it were. A doctor with the secret agent skills to provide services in all manner of dangerous settings.

Something like that.

Run with that or not if it inspires you. And if you want to keep a dark past secret from the rest of us, that's cool too.

I don't know why you'd agree to sign on with me, but I am a smuggler flying a transport vessel that's kitted out with a fully appointed medical bay, for what it's worth.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Oh, and if J-ME could have some skills that double as a Science Officer in combat that would be peachy! :)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:46 am

Roger that, aviatrix!

Return to “The Gaming Table”