Paranoia: How Many Troubleshooters

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Paranoia: How Many Troubleshooters

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Ripp got to kill Nattied in a really fun way, leaving a giant hole in the wall. :twisted:
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:51 pm

This makes me happy, can't wait to read (sorry, not sorry Akiva)
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 pm

It's nice to be remembered for my glorious deaths.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Chapter 13... the first and only time in the entire game that all active players were present in the same place at the same time. It lasted for exactly one post... but it happened!

Also, in the huge scene-setting post with the diagram, when I sent that out, Runanide (Preach) accidentally got both team's mission statements (which thankfully he didn't metagame with). But that was the moment he sent back to say, "Wait a minute... have you been simultaneously running two full missions at the same time?"

It was a good moment.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Yes, yes, that was a moment producing MUCH suspicion on his part, since having established to his satisfaction that I couldn't possibly be one of his own team members, he then decided I probably had to be one of the other team members. I have to say that since I see so precious little of my husband these days, like snippets here and there between flights and hearings and such, it is a pleasure to read about how he operates in a game of Paranoia. He's always lurking about waiting for a chance to secretively and remorselessly destroy his enemies, with a certain panache of course, and dry remarks along the way. It's like home life, except with laser guns instead of bathroom fumes. He is hilarious, what can I say? I appreciate the opportunity.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:38 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: <3 <3 <3
Power and Ripp forever

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:44 pm

That's All Folks!

If anyone wants the full version... 96 pages; 64,000 words... the PDF is here:
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:09 pm

I already told Mike and Mrs. Darcs this, but man, if Power had lived just a couple more minutes, I had a whole plan involving a murder/suicide pact to get us each fresh clones, and Ripp confessing her love seconds before killing Power, so Power's clone wouldn't remember when it returned. But alas, she died too soon, and Ripp was without a functioning laser pistol.

I find it highly amusing that the other team actually helped us succeed in our mission by trying to use/encourage the bots to change the bulb rather than doing it themselves. At one point, I thought about trying to change the light bulb by hand, rather than repairing bots, but then re-read the mission briefing and decided it was best to try to follow directions to the letter.

What a blast! And Mrs. Darcs, I know it was a relationship that only lasted for a matter of hours at most, but it felt much more like a relationship that developed over a period of about 8-1/2 months, so I will miss it. Ripp and Power forever!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Power and Ripp forever

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:29 pm

The problem that the Power Services Team had was that they never actually got the full mission briefing. Didjab got orders on his POD, but if they had actually waited in the briefing room until Lard-B-UTT finished taking a leak, they would have heard him emphasize "NO BOTS". They would have gotten their requisition forms for PLC. All sorts of stuff.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:04 pm

I blame Preach-R. Without his need to screw with the team, maybe we would have stayed.

As it was, Didjab was trying to get the lights restored any way he could. Maybe he could have tried to work with the other team, but that's too much trust for any Troubleshooter to offer.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:49 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm

So Pete and I went to bring our baristas a little Christmas token and this is what the hallway upstairs looked like. Only 3 of the 8 or so lights in the hallway were lit, only at the doorways and junctions. Color me paranoid. Also, a couple days after the game ended, I went out in my hallway and some guy was changing out all the light bulbs. I think I need a vacation. Starting today. Which is happening.
Power and Ripp forever

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:04 pm

I cannot see that pic.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm

I dunno how to fix it, Google hates me I think, here's a link:
https://goo.gl/photos/tgBJjj8vjkiv1fC3A
Power and Ripp forever

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Oh yeah... definitely don't go there. There's spiderbots behind the ceiling tiles.

Return to “The Gaming Table”