Paranoia: How Many Troubleshooters

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
ThatJoel
Puppet Accout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Paranoia: How Many Troubleshooters

Postby ThatJoel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:35 pm

I feel that Mike singled out Soup R Mom...because he dislikes hugs and hot cocoa...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:10 pm

It's not my fault Soup had such a shootable face.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 am

Words fail me...you guys are great. I really felt anxiety, fear, anger, and joy while playing.

Mike you are AMAZING!

Thanks everyone for having me along. It was quite a ride! I cannot tell you how many times I printed out what was going on so I could read it again when I got home. So many hours on my commute trying to decide what to do.

and it's perfect timing for my status to be "RED Troubleshooter" :banana:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 am

For a while, I was trying to maneuver Soup-R-MOM into suicide by troubleshooter. Mostly because I had a laser-first order-second relationship with the team for the longest time.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:00 am

And that was my first mistake. You and Runanide and Kyle were the only people with Paranoia experience, and the three of you wound up on the same team by pure coincidence. Plus Joel already had a serious paranoid mindset going in. As a result, Team Didjab was adversarial as fuck without any prompting from me. The other team was all newbies. Half their team wound up cooperating and becoming friends. If there hadn't been so many players, I would have had time to introduce more subplots and secret society missions and that sort of stuff, but in the beginning stages, it was all I could do to just keep up with everyone. Also, I just didn't account for how much of that sort of stuff the game would need with so many new people in it.

So the two teams ran in completely different styles. Hell, Ripp and Power took til the very end of the game to start losing clones, because they spent most of the game protecting each other. Who does that? But it did teach me that there's some very interesting stuff that happens in Paranoia if troubleshooters ever actually trust each other. I've never seen that before.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:02 am

Figures, the three 'veteran' troubleshooters failed the mission and blitzed their way through clones.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 am

Soup was totally shootable.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks Mike for organizing and running this, I had a a lot of fun. I definitely feel more comfortable with Paranoia now and have a much better feel for how I'd approach things next time, and I'd be more confident about my choices, etc. etc. That said, I really enjoyed it.

I never lost a clone! That's what happens when you team up with a telekinetic trigger-happy crazy person who takes the lead.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:29 am

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 am

I looked at the rest of the powers that people got and felt a little shafted. But then, it was way more fun to have light generation given the actual plot of the game.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:08 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:22 am

Characters are in the next thread over.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:25 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:02 am

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but finally in Chapter 3 here, the narrative is really starting to flow for me. Everyone's comfortable with their characters, and I've finally gotten back in the swing of stitching everything together so that it makes sense.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 am

It looks like there will be 17 chapters, all told. Give or take a couple chapters.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:14 pm

How awesome is DM Mike? So awesome!
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 4...

That's right, Ron: Ripp IS the one who beat Dole senseless in the bathroom.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

And crap - I really thought we were duking it out with the other team. I wrote down names, tried to keep track of them, and they were just a bunch of RED herrings.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 am

I had this idea at the beginning that Jenn-R's team would be a third team also doing something light bulb related, but they'd be disastrous and die more often and more spectacularly than anyone else (except Soup). But it would have been too much to keep track of. More than anything, I wanted a lot of RED clones at the beginning, because I knew that most of you realized there was another team somewhere, and I didn't want it to be obvious who they were.

RED herrings. Good description.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:25 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “The Gaming Table”