Patherfinder 2: We're joining the circus!

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Patherfinder 2: We're joining the circus!

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:19 pm

I need ideas!

I've bought the Extinction Curse adventure path for P2, which means my gaming group will be joining a circus. I just have to talk them into it. Which I think will be as easy as, "Hey! There's a circus! They're willing to pay you to be hired muscle!" My team is half-giant redeemer (NG paladin), bugbear alchemist, goblin occult sorcerer, and gnome druid (with her big cat named Baskin). The people running the circus are actually breaking away from another troope and striking out on their own, but they need to get far away pretty fast. The players will be hired for protection initially, but I'm hoping the alchemist can start providing pyrotechnics, the druid can maybe help out by performing with her cat, etc. I think they'll take to this pretty easily.

The adventure path leaves the exact performers and their acts sort of vague. There's a bunch of suggestions, but it allows for changing things up to accommodate the talents of your team. So I'm looking for suggestions for potential members of this fledgling circus.

So far, I have Datwongle, an older goblin woman who comes from a couple generations of goblin performers. She will have some sort of authority in the circus. Plus I have some clowns. The clowns consist of two or three goblins (related to Datwongle) and a tall gangly half-elf who wears a goblin-clown mask and pretends to be a very tall goblin. Other than, I'm open to anything. Probably a juggler. Certainly some acrobats, maybe with some daredevil stunts. Other animal acts. Plus accompanying people who sell, manage, run games or side attractions. Anything.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Patherfinder 2: We're joining the circus!

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:12 pm

The art on the inside covers of the book is AWESOME.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:24 pm

A sideshow that's a flea circus.... With dire fleas...
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:24 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:56 pm

I only have book 1 so far.

Axel (human - trained birds)
Elizia (human or halfling - snake charmer)
Flamboni Sisters (elven or half-elven - jugglers)
Feather Fall Five (human - acrobats)
Dwarven Throwers (dwarven - acrobats)
Mordaine (human - magician/escape artist)

Also listed in the text:
Professor (human - carnival barker)
Myron (human - ringmaster)

I'm keeping Elizia and making her a halfling.
I'm keeping the dwarves, but renaming them The Dwarven Tossers.
Myron is just a plot device, so I'm remaking him as the goblin Datwongle. It'll be a huge hook for my kids who will immediately see the lineage of a goblin ringmaster they met in another game.

I have to keep the essential essence of the other four acts, because they may be involved in specific plot points or challenges later in the series. But I've got the room to customize, and other than Mordaine being an insufferable diva, I can do whatever I want with personalities and motivations. Plus I need roustabouts, assistants, and a few others to round it all out.

Return to “The Gaming Table”