I Think I'm Done with CAH

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I Think I'm Done with CAH

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:47 pm

I was always kind of done with Cards Against Humanity. It was never my favorite game, but if I had a few drinks and I was hanging with friends who enjoyed it, I would play. I, um, am not really in those circles anymore, for a variety of reasons, and I haven't really played since then.

Then I came across this article today:

I don't know if it solidified something I already felt, but now, looking back at all the times I have played. I can see it. There is an easy kind of racism in it, doled out in white-sized pieces that we can consume without really thinking that we're doing anything wrong. This article is an indictment of white privilege as much as it is of the game. And I can say I'm sorry that I took part. I don't think I will again.

Even their last comedy show we went to was...fine...but it was clearly geared toward white, liberal folk who wanted to feel better about themselves. And it doesn't need to be. "It won't be as edgy!" you can argue. But you're wrong. It won't be as easy. And that's very, very different.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: I Think I'm Done with CAH

Postby Kyle » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:21 am

Exactly how I feel. Well said.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:26 pm

Yeah, Kyle said pretty much this a couple years ago, and I was resistant to it then, but yeah... I totally get it now.

And when I say 'resistant', I mean internally. I didn't say anything out loud, because I kinda suspected he was right, but chose not to examine it too closely.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:28 pm

This is an excellent to that article from the black employee who was institutionalized with the help of CAH bosses.

Return to “The Gaming Table”