Kids 5e D&D

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kids 5e D&D

Postby akiva » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 am

I started playing D&D with my daughters, and they love it. It’s cool watching them figure things out; they have no background with D&D so they don’t know the tropes that experienced players do, so they come up with clever plans.

I’ve also been hitting really hard the idea that no race is inherently good or evil. For example, one dungeon they went through was a the home of a mixed race group that banded together to help each other. Their home had been invaded by a necromancer, and the PCs drove out the invaders. They even healed a badly wounded orc who was carrying a cookbook of his mother’s recipes.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Kids 5e D&D

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 am

That's where we're at as well. My kids love playing "monstrous" races, so there's no guarantees on alignments. I'm thrilled for you that everyone's enjoying it.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “The Gaming Table”