The Great Dalmuti

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

The Great Dalmuti

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:10 pm

For those of you familiar with the card game, it's getting a D&D makeover: https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-great-dalmu ... 1844560178

Interesting.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Great Dalmuti

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 pm

I'll never forget that I managed to get to throne and hold on to it for so long the first time I played this game. It was at the Gathering in 2000. Granted, I was only one sober.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Kids have finally learned that it's always, always 4 on 1 vs. Dad, and that's how it needs to be if anyone else feels like winning. We are - one of us - about to beat him in Monopoly once the game resumes, though middle child had a bizarre weak moment and let him get the light blues. Nooooo we said. So the point is that you should take this as a compliment. If you did not have powers it wouldn't happen.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:43 pm

I have to say that although my experience with The Great Dalmuti is limited, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It has some strategizing in it that I like, and I never felt like being on top OR on bottom was too limiting. People on top tending to only stay that way for a hand or two, and then luck would lay them low.

On the other hand, I also only played with people who were mostly adults and who were not poor sports. So take that for what it's worth.

And also, I think this remake is unnecessary and kinda gross. I don't like the dark style to it at all. The original is sort of intentionally pompous and overblown. We played it for fun. This one looks humorless. They've intentionally themed it with a hierarchy of evil as opposed to buffoons.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “The Gaming Table”