Back to Basic

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Back to Basic

Postby Zen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Okay, Rana is ready...

Rana is an elf who's parents expected her to study magic, but naming her after the moon spirit may have been an ill omen. She had the talent for magic, but not the patience to study it the way her younger brother did. However, she was fascinated with swords from an early age and started learning to use a Scimitar, the weapon of choice used by her clan's warriors, as soon as she could lift it. She grew to be a strong young lass as well, besting most of her kin with the sword once she officially began her training. She also learned sorcery and had ample talent for it, once she was allowed to learn the sword.

She learned other weapons as well. She found she preferred the short bow to the traditional long bow. She just didn't like to carry around the huge thing and would rather be using a sword. She always had a bit of a short temper, which left her with few close friends and little desire to stay around home once her training was complete. Instead she chose to follow the other meaning of her name and "wander" the world in search of adventure.

It so came to pass that when "The Thing" happened, Rana was near Thamdahn and found herself spending a year living with Dwarves, as if she wasn't a bit surly to begin with. When the Dwarves started to make noise about not being able to keep helping the refugees, she was one of the first ones to volunteer to form a party to look for greener pastures! LITERALLY! It isn't that she doesn't like the company of Dwarves in particular... It's more that she isn't fond of staying in one place for any great length of time.

One thing she did take advantage of while she was here is their blacksmiths! She had long been wanting a Greatsword, like the ones she had seen some of the human fighters using, but her people usually didn't forge such weapons. She talked with one of the Dwarven smiths and spent nearly the last of her gold to have him forge her a new two-handed sword, to go along with her Scimitar and her bevy of other weapons. She is quite pleased with it, but sill probably use her trusty Scimitar most of the time, since she can't use her shield with the Greatsword and feels a bit vulnerable still fighting without it.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:16 pm

I've been sick for a month and am now super behind at work. It's going to be a week or a month or more before I can get everything ready. I'm going to put this on hold until further notice. With only 2 characters, it's a bit slim anyway.

Sorry.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:33 pm

There are three so far, I thought.

I'm not in, but I am following this.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:52 am

I'm down for whenever. Between Jeweled Heart, Paranoia and design work, my plate is full. I thought it was Bluedevyl, Zen and me for players.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:48 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “The Gaming Table”