Cobras - a trick taking game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Cobras - a trick taking game

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:28 pm

I really dig the concept on this one. It's a trick taking game with an added mechanic. Every time you lose a trick, you build up cobras in your basket. Every time you win a trick, you cash in your basket for points.

Twist: the more cobras in your basket, the more points you get when you cash in, but only to a point. Too many cobras, and they start to lose value.
1 cobra - 1 point
2 cobras - 3 points
7 cobras - 21 points
8 cobras - 15 points
9 cobras - 8 points
10+ - 3 points

So you get up to 5 or 6 or 7 and you're ready to cash in, but if you pushed your luck too far and can't take a trick, you watch your potential points dwindle as more snakes pile up in your basket. Pretty sweet.

There's a print-and-play version linked from the Kickstarter page. I'm going to buy some sleeves and print those up tonight and I'll try them out this weekend and report back.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Gaming Table”