Protospiel Madison

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Protospiel Madison

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 am

Wish me luck. I'm taking tile craft to a local event / convention today.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Re: Protospiel Madison

Postby Stan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:00 am

Good luck!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:49 am

Luck luck luck!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Midday Update - got one playtest in so far. And the game is too hard and not rewarding enough and people think dying in lava is too harsh a punishment.

I did get a lot of great feedback from another guy, which is good. I have places to go with the game. I am going to try it out again, now with just 75 tiles instead of 150.

Shit.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:49 pm

No! It's too harsh. I'm a delicate flower, and people need to appreciate my genius as it springs fully formed from my mind. There shouldn't be any feedback except, "Wow! That was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced!"

I'm thrilled for you that you're being this brave and putting your stuff out there. This is going to end up really good.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:21 am

Got two more plays in with the 75 card world. Both were rousing successes. The players had fun. Those that had played minecraft said that it really felt like minecraft, which was a huge complement. There was a lot of constructive criticism instead of 'theres no strategy in your game'

In the last game, one of my players died in the lava and came back to win, which was a great feeling.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:50 am

If it's anything like Minecraft you might as well send it here so that my kids can obsess over it all day.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Btw this game (http://www.robotturtles.com/) is an example of something made with little cards and a board, which began as a kickstarter. I think it got huge exposure due to the attractiveness of its subject matter, but it was interesting to follow what the guy needed to actually make this thing go.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:34 am

The highlights of the weekend were Hoverdrome and the Clever Cube Game (which I hope they rename to Widgets Congolmerated).

Hoverdrome, you're riding a souped-up hoverbike and trying to race around a dangerous track.

Clever Cube Game, you're filinig orders with cubes!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:55 am

Mike - if there were a competitive board game where you were building the best possible Alpha Complex or Vault 101 in six turns, would you play?

There was an interesting idea that could be so much more...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 am

Of course.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:22 am

I will work up a prototype (ye gods I do that a lot now) and I will share it with you on Google Docs.

Already, in my head, it's awesome.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Adrift

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Okay, before I start working on 'Before the Bomb' or 'Aquos', I need to finish Tilecraft.

Now called Adrift to keep Microsoft from suing me for all of my pants, two to four players flip tiles and deal with encounters in order to find the warp portal, build an escape craft, or become adapted to a dangerous lost planet.

I'm adding in meeples for the individual adventurers and having to tone down the threat level again. I'm really surprised at how hard the game had been up to this point.

Return to “The Gaming Table”