Any go players?

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any go players?

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 am

I love go--I think it's beautiful and fascinating--but I am absolutely horrible at it. After playing more than 100 games (literally), I still seem to have made no progress at all.

Any go players out there? I'd love to have some insight into why I'm making no progress.
Reel on a repeating loop
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Re: Any go players?

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:58 am

You Mean like CS:GO?
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:02 am

I own a Go set, but I've only played once or twice. My kids are just never interested in it.

Now Pente... that one I've played hundreds of times. But the real deal... not so much.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 am

I've taught myself to play several years ago. But I can't even remember the rules now. I found a phone app for it, so I'm thinking of relearning the rules enough to play on the phone. I really like the concept of the game but never found the time to really do it.

If I recall, Flameblade plays competitively, though I'm afraid I haven't seen him around recently.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:17 am

So, by the other comments... im going to say no. lol

I just looked it up. Is it kind of like reverse?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:25 am

I'm sort of where Mike is... I've played in a couple of times, but it's very difficult to wrap my head around.

I've been playing some more chess lately, myself.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 am

Reel on a repeating loop
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:34 am

I have looked into it. I think i have played before, but i don't remember all of the rules.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:13 pm

I think of my chess playing in a similar vein to my miniscule ability to write music... yes, there are ways to do it that haven't been done before, but people that are MUCH better than me at these pursuits, and my chess playing has gotten considerably better since I started memorizing the openings and play styles of the past masters rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Return to “The Gaming Table”