Eleven

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Eleven

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Am I the only one who's drawn up their Level 11 character sheet yet?

I'm not actually expecting to level up any time soon... like maybe after Mokmurian is finished, which could easily be another five sessions... but I so love looking ahead and playing with numbers.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Eleven

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Actually, my spreadsheet with my level 10 sheet got corrupted, so I'll have to rebuild that before I can do level eleven...

Am I the only one who read the topic of this thread as Elven the first time?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Well, Kay will definitely be taking her next level of Sorcerer next... She is really starting to feel the impact of being dual classed in the spell department and will probably stick with Sorcerer levels for a while. Not to mention that the next level is when she gets both Lightning Bolt (free bloodline spell) and "Tempest in a Teapot" (bloodline ability to turn into an electricity elemental once per day for up to 15 minutes. Lots of speed, can still cast spells thanks to one of my feats... But magical water is dangerous AF... Like, that thing we found that would produce 50 gallons, would probably kill me if it hit me all at once...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Well, after much thought, I decided to put my next level into Bard.

11th level Bard means that when I use Inspire Courage, all allies within earshot now get +3 to hit and +3 damage, AND due to my Discordant Voice feat, those within 30 feet of me get +1d6 sonic damage to each attack. (Which only applies to ranged attacks if they hit their target within 30 feet of me). All of which means it's time for Dothan to start getting much closer to the action.

And we should all bunch up more. That seems smart, right?

In all seriousness, Discordant Voice really feels like cheating. If Pat ruled it OP for our group, I wouldn't even argue.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Dang! Kay may need to start using her bow more... She can pump 1D6 of electric into the arrow as well... And, if the person is flanked... I'd need a ruling on this but... I think the "Gang Up" feat means that she has flanking position when at that range with a missile weapon? Which means sneak attack damage too...
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:52 pm

I will take the Blades Above and Below next time I get a feat, FYI.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Hadn't thought about eleven. The only new file I have is the replacement char I rolled the night of the election.
I keep finding new source material for spells, etc, and think I'm missing out or making errors... Can someone recommend a comprehensive source?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 pm

The site I use is:

It's got all of the source material I use for Annamanue on it, and it's pretty comprehensive.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 am

What he said.

Paizo's site is cleaner: http://paizo.com/prd/ , but it separates everything by sourcebook. The SRD site has everything together and conveniently cross-referenced and linked.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:00 am

Good news! I opened up my Level 9 spreadsheet and I guess I had saved it AFTER I had leveled up to 10... So it had everything except for the Pliant Gloves, which was easy to add (and, of course, the gold was way off...). I will need to go through the PDF and make sure that it matches what is in the excel spreadsheet before moving on, but I think I have savaged Kay with minimal effort!

Looking at the "Known Spells" table, it looks like I get to learn another spell in addition to the bloodline spell at level 7. I'll have to do a bit of research. Probably running out of electric 3rd level spells. Maybe there are some sonic ones... (Those are Kay's go-to spells after all...) However...

Darcs: What do you think of a that uses a summoned outsider instead of actually flying? I was thinking that Kay might do that with a tiny Electricity elemental? <3 (Or an air elemental if we want to be more boring...)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm

After the pause to do math at the end of the last session I was so hyped that we might level up before Mokmurian... not sure how that would work, but the extra level gives me hope that if Anna dies during the conflict, the raise dead level penalty won't be quite as severe!

Really looking forward to next week... wishing it was this week, as I usually am :)

I hadn't heard of Channel The Gift before, Zen... that seems like an awesome spell for all of us who can have it to get pretty soon... I like the idea of giving Kay, Dothan, or Sam an extra spell in a pinch... seems great.

Only 9 more days! Woo! :D :D
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 pm

As in turn it up to elevun. Occurred to me that those of us who actually survive to eleven should adopt this instead of fort rannick as our fortress/center of operations. There's ancient stuff here that needs to be either consecrated/protected or deactivated/protected.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:32 am

Let's just establish an inland kingdom that stretches from Turtleback Ferry to Jorgenfist.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm

It is my sincere hope that we can convince Mokmurian's mother to take the tribes away from Jorgenfist if we're ultimately successful in our endeavor. To declare it unhallowed ground or some such to ensure no one comes back.

Knowing that we have access to wall of stone spells, we could block off the passages under the keep and seal the exterior entrances, enabling us to teleport in as needed.

I was also thinking we could set up our new dwarven friends in the mines near Fort Rannick. That might encourage new trade routes.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Return to “Runelords”