Illian's Prestige Class

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Illian's Prestige Class

Postby Eliahad » Thu May 04, 2017 1:45 am

Hey everyone. I had a brainstorm for Illian's progression in the remaining 8 levels. Illian has always put others before himself, and I think it's a trend that could be used to create a campaign specific prestige class for him.

Class Requirements: Illian has been administered the cure
BAB Progression: Fighter
Save Progression: +2 Fort (Doesn't make a lot of sense for Illian, maybe +2 Will insteady?)

These prestige class levels would stack with 2-weapon warrior levels for determining 2-weapon warrior ability bonuses.

And then it's about determining powers, right? I have some ideas:

As One (Dwyn): When Illian and Dwyn both make a full-round attacks on consecutive intiative counts against the same opponent, each is considered to have flanking against that target regardless of position.

Kailiana's Charge: If Illian begins a charge within 15' of Kai, he can move an additional 20' and any attack that successfully hits gains an additional +1d6 electricity damage.

I have other ideas, but my eyelids are closing. And I want to tweak things anyway. I want part of Illian's strength to be making other people better, either as protector or mentor. Not in the same way as Dothan, either. Little bumps.

I'll keep thinking on this. But if people have ideas, I would love to hear them. Also, coherence. I would like to find coherence.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: Illian's Prestige Class

Postby Zen » Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 pm

I love the +1d6 electricity damage to your charge if near Kay! That is a great feature, and totally feasible!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm

This is awesome. I especially like the prerequisite for the class, since I've been around for a while playing an NPC and then as a PC, but Anna did have a hand in gaining one of the key ingredients for the cure, so she can certainly feel like part of the club too :)

It'll be harder to come up with things for Anna and Sam, I'd wager, as we haven't spent as much time together as some of the rest of the group, but I'd be happy to help brainstorm.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Not everything needs to be combat related. They can provide inspiration, save bonuses, magic or damage resistance, skill bonuses... something.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 pm

What Mike said. Love the idea and it would be interesting to pick some non-combat feats to throw in the mix.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 am

Okay! I did some work on this since I had some time before we started tonight. And here are the progression that I came up with. This is currently a 9 level class, because, well, that's how many levels we have left! I wanted these feats to fit with our various characters, and I did the best I could, but because of who Illian is, I wanted these to be, marginally, teamwork feats as well. I'll need Pats approval on most of these.

BAB Progression: Fighter
Save Progression: Fighter

I would like it if this class continued some of the progressions for the two-weapon fighter class as well, but, basically, gives up the choice of feats. If this is too overpowered, I will happily walk back some of these.

Level 1 - Ghostsong's Ward - Dothan's Bardic Inspirations confer an additional +1 bonus to Illian.
Level 2 - Defensive Flurry to +3; The Ranger's Shadow - Both Illian and Eldthor gain a +2 to Stealth and Perception checks when within 15' of each other indoors and 120' of each other while outside.
Level 3 - I don't have anything for this level. This should probably be an Anna related one. Probably a skill check also, or something.
Level 4 - Twin Blades to +3; Each and Every Opportunity -- If Kay successfully hits with a feint attack, Illian may immediately make an attack of opportunity against that opponent (if within melee range.) This was just a thought, I know Kay doesn't feint all that often, but I feel like she was thinking about heading that way.
Level 5 - Shiny Shiny Sharp Sharp; On critical hits, Illian confers an additional 2d6 Bleed damage.
Level 6- Defensive Flurry to +4; Ghost Song's Ward to +2 (this was just a thought, I don't know); (Sam) Healer's Rabbit Foot: if Illian is within 10' of a caster attempting to heal another character, the caster may re-roll the lowest die one time.
Level 7 - The Hammer and the Blade - When Illian is within Dwyn's threatened area, he gains a +2 to AC, as well as conferring a +1 Attack Bonus to Dwyn's attacks.
Level 8 - Twin Blades to +4 - This should be a Hal level...but I don't know what for this one either.
Level 9 - And...well, this should be the Illian one...but...well, I don't know

Anyway, let me know what you all think about these. I had a blast tonight!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Oh! I thought of a thing I could do to help boost Dothan. If I am within 60' of Dothan, Illian creates a new radius of effect for Dothan's awesomeness that is 30' from wherever I'm standing. Kind of like a signal booster tower. Something like that.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 pm

AWESOME! A repeater node for Dothan!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Love it. Look forward to sharing this - maybe I could take a corresponding feat when/if we ever get to that point so that it's a two-way fighting connection.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:44 am

How about this for an Anna one?

A Wealth of Experience - Anyone making a knowledge check while Illian is present may add Illian's Wisdom modifier to their roll. Not because he has expertise on the subject, but because he helps them think of the subject in a slightly different way...

Maybe? Actually. Probably not this, but maybe something like this?
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:36 pm

I kind of like that one. Emphasizes the fact that Illian has done this adventurer type of thing before.

Return to “Runelords”