New Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: New Loot

Postby Mike » Fri May 19, 2017 11:07 pm

If it is straight +2 to +3, and there are no other enhancements on them, then it costs 5000 per blade.

If there are other enhancements, then it could be 7000 or 9000 each, depending on what you have.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 am

Right now they are both +1s. A mithril +1 and a regular +1.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat May 20, 2017 3:18 am

I'm a bit fuzzy on the finer points of sword making, but to have Anna or someone else do the work, I think it would cost roughly 8000 gp and 16 days to upgrade each blade from their current +1 to a +3 bonus. There are apparently options for accelerated crafting, which could mean that the time frame could be lessened, but I dont have details on that currently.

It would be 4000 gp and 8 days to take each blade from +1 to +2.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 am

Or do what I did, and just trade them in at a magic store in Magnimar for the same item with a better bonus. That's how I went up to a +3 longbow. You pay full price, but it's offset a bit by the trade-in on the old items. Of course, if you have an emotional attachment to one or both of those particular swords, pay and take the time to upgrade them rather than trade them in.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

All I want is the CMW potion as indicated. Focused only on saving cash to invest in upgrades to weaponry or perhaps a wearable item like a helm/headband/ring that confers some sort of benefit. Depending on what happens with the roleplaying side of this, might also want to invest money in the place where we land next.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 am

Hal doesn't have a bag of holding or haversack, etc, so he could take it. The more we have, the fewer trips we need to make to trade. We could diminish those statues in the dragon's lair and sell those also.

NOTE: Is Mokmurians special medallion listed as a key? Is it also a sihedron amulet?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun May 21, 2017 11:21 am

I moved the Bag of Holding to Hal.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 pm

I'd also advocate for moving the potion of CMW that is currently listed as Anna's to Dwyn. Anna rarely needs healing during a battle, and has 2 CMW pots already in the event that something crappy should happen. Dwyn is much more likely to need the HP.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun May 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Good thinking.

Actually, Dothan will take Anna's CMW, and instead she'll give Dwyn a potion of CSW that she already had.

The loot list reflects this change now.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun May 21, 2017 9:46 pm

We're going to be holding onto that broken club for a while. Once Anna can use Make Whole on it, it's worth 16K in trade value. Unfortunately, Spell-Stories has a caster level of 12, so Anna can't fix it until next level.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun May 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Oooh. Uh, sorry! <slinks off to corner with large Warhammer>
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun May 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 am

Kay? Any interest in a Cloak of Elvenkind then? Because if you don't want it, we can offer it to Sam. Otherwise, if no one wants it, we'll put it up for sale.

Dothan will be putting her Cloak of Resistance +1 up for grabs, since it's incompatible with her wings. If no one wants it, we will sell that as well.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 am

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think I can use both the cloak and my Sorcerer's Robe. I likes my robe...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 11:04 am

I'm putting that on the sell list then, and if anyone wants to claim it, they still can.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 10:50 am

YES, I would like to claim that +2 halberd. It is better than my nine-ring broadsword inherited from Halifax long ago, when a non-reach weapon is needed, and does more base damage anyway.

I have a cloak of resistance +1 too. If anything comes free that is better than this for purposes of defense or saving throws, let me know. Otherwise, I'm good.

I would also like to be in line for Anna's magical enhancement emporium (someday - we need months off apparently) if it's possible to move from +2 to +3 for cheaper. Reading above I'm not sure I understand what that costs - same +2 blade, just adding a + to it.

ALSO if nobody is claiming that Heroism potion, might as well be Dwyn's. Sometimes people put that buff on her and it's nice. However, if I'm taking a Halberd, then maybe Hal or someone else wants that Heroism +2.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 10:59 am

+2 to +3 costs 10,000 retail, or 5,000 if you have one of us do it (Anna's the only one qualified, I think). Either way, it takes 10 days.

I should probably take Craft Arms & Armor for my next feat, because Anna won't be able to keep up with demand.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 23, 2017 11:04 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 11:11 am

That's great - I though it cost even more. We do have a lot of items to produce, but at the same time, we are looting up more money with our efforts, and you all need feats for yourselves, too.

In the meantime, I can probably swing 10,000 by the time everything is sold and traded and added up, so maybe someone else's more expensive project should be worked on. Another way of doing Lucille is to RP a situation - for instance, if we ever do get out to Fort Rannick again, perhaps Dwyn donates the 10000 GP toward refurbishing Erastil's chapel there and the church in Turtleback Ferry damaged by flooded river, and the priest there gives her weapon a little boost.

The Halberd is also nice due to Trip feature - sometimes I'm willing to risk the AoO in order to trip the opponent, and this way at least there's little risk of being tripped in return. This might be handy when fighting non-evil opponents that we want to essentially pin on the ground with a weapon at the throat, and not have to kill them. My whole vision for Dwyn at one point was to have her tripping people right and left as their feet tried to dodge that scythe blade, but the fatal error of being stupid prevented that. Maybe I should look into a magical enhancement to INT that allows Dwyn to take Combat Expertise and Trip feats. I thought it had to be base level INT above 12 so maybe that wouldn't work anyway. I also like the "lemonade" that was made from the situation, which was essentially to become a smashing machine and spray Illian with gore.

NOTE: never mind, you have to have INT 13 for Combat Expertise. Hopeless.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 am

Yeah, but if we've got the resources, it seems a shame to go throwing away thousands of gp. We've got sooooo many we could be doing. Hell, I bet all three of us could get going on this, and we'll still have a backlog. But we'd save a ton.

They're not all priorities, but Dothan has a month's worth of magic item-ing to do just for herself (after the wings), and I imagine the rest of the group all have similar wishlists.

Return to “Runelords”