New Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Loot

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 11:41 am

Check out these cool rings:

For spellcasters hampered by lack of sleep in situations like the present:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rin ... ustenance/

For people wanting a handy shield you don't have to carry:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rin ... ce-shield/

For fighting particular really bad persons/creatures:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rin ... foe-focus/

Just in case you fall (there have been several times I'd like to have had one - might just buy this before anything else):
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rin ... r-falling/

And this would be a really cool thing to add to Dwyn's armor, especially if she's pursuing this whole "bodyguard" thing. It would add +1 to the +3 bonus to AC that would normally arise in that situation. Being able to burn one AoO to give your neighbor a sudden +4 to AC is a pretty good thing, for the investment of cash it requires.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Argh! I need a ruling from Darcs on the Ring of Sustenance. If I only need to sleep for 2 hours, does that mean I can put in extra crafting during that 6 hours?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because the rules for Crafting say you can't put in more than 8 hours on an item in a day, and you can't work on more than one item at a time.

On the other hand, I just found where you can cut the time for Crafting in half by adding 5 to the DC. WOW! That changes our crafting prospects dramatically. It doesn't help my wings, because the DC is already high enough that I'm not going to risk failure by hurrying, but for some of the lesser stuff... this could help us out a lot.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 3:06 pm

After the wings are done:
Cape... 3500 and 4 days.
Crown... 3240 and 4 days.

Nice and easy.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 4:01 pm

WHOA are these things we can do? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/
Metamagical feats?
Contingent spells?
Seeking spells?
Ooooh.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 4:41 pm

All things that any of us could do if we had the feats. I do not believe anyone in the group has any of those.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue May 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Is that shopping a thing? I suppose it might be cool to envision what Hal's rig could/should be when we meet the nearly all powerful karzoug. I had always been a 'pick it up and make do' person myself (You can't imagine the mental gymnastics I put myself through, when I saw we were releasing a +3 spear, but, no, couldn't justify it.)

Hal has a down payment on a celestial plate armor set. Presuming we'll be close, likely good with trade-in. While the steampunk thing is excellent, Hal might need some personal shopper advice. Otherwise, he'll shrug, throw on that castoff cloak of protection (which may be superfluous) and wade into the next peril. He grew up poor, and needs some city learnin'
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Anna has a metamagic feat currently that doesnt see much use, . I'm currently debating retraining it now to something more useful and then taking it again later, or just biting the bullet and keeping it, as now that level 5 spells are a thing, I can add it to level 2 spells and make them even more interesting... level 6 is where it really comes into its own.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 am

QUESTION: Can we "forge rings" or is that something different again from Wondrous Items and Magical Arms and Armor?

"Humans of Golarion", so I don't know if it's legit for Dwyn to have it, but one idea would be to prepare it for the next day in our game, when we hope to find Conna or perhaps deal with other Stone Giants now that M is dead. Dwyn would then cast it on Dothan or whoever is going to diplomacy it up - should have thought of this when she was befriending that other stone giant guy whatshisname back in Sandpoint, ah well. Anyway, Sam may be able to do this or something like it more powerfully than Dwyn can without wasting any spell slots.

There is also a thing called "Detect the Faithful" that we could use to find Conna if the sending idea doesn't work, but it's from some other Pathfinder book I don't recognize about Taldor, so it might not work in our current world. Dwyn could cast this to find other devotees of Erastil like Conna or her allies, but it's only effective in a cone of 60 ft blocked by walls and such and it only lasts for a minute. Maybe there is a way to extend the spell, or maybe it would be useful while we're moving back out of here, in case we run across other stone giants or creatures that could be friendly and that we should talk to rather than attack.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Forge Ring is a separate feat from Wondrous Items, which covers things like belts, robes, and other things of that nature, and Craft Magic Arms and Armor... I'm fairly sure no one has it.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 24, 2017 2:37 pm

There are actually a bunch of Item Creation feats. I've left out the weirder ones like Craft Construct, Construct Ooze, Brew Fleshcrafting Poison, etc, but the major ones that we might want are:

Scribe Scroll ( 1 )
Brew Potion ( 3 )
Craft Wondrous Item ( 3 )
Inscribe Rune ( 3 )
Craft Magic Arms and Armor ( 5 )
Craft Wand ( 5 )
Inscribe Magical Tattoo ( 5 )
Forge Ring ( 7 )
Craft Rod ( 9 )
Craft Staff ( 11 )

The number is what level you have to be to get each one, which means we can get any of them.

Right now, all we have is Wondrous Items and Arms & Armor.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm not seeing anything else in the Loot entry on Roll20, so is the current list in this thread ready to go, or do we need to do some work to update it before Thursday?

Also, Dothan took the magical mystery quarterstaff that we found in the creepy spider room. It has yet to be identified. If Anna could manage an identify spell, I would be grateful.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:24 pm

There were some auras being given off by the lamsters, but we need to undo the polymorph before we can loot them.

I'll ask Darcs tomorrow if we can roll the caster level checks before we start so I don't take 20 minutes during the game trying to undo my own spells.

Anna has some first level slots and Identify memorized. We'll do that first thing on Thursday.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Dwyn wants a carrying bag and some of the magical items or enhancements listed above. That's all. Requires in-game time and cash.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Updated with lamster cash!

Return to “Runelords”