Magic Item wish list

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Magic Item wish list

Postby Mike » Tue May 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I think we need to organize all the magic stuff we want to buy/make/upgrade. I've been keeping a chart for Dothan that looks at what it takes to buy stuff outright, value of trade-in, time/cost to build or upgrade ourselves, etc.

Right now, Dothan can Craft Wondrous Items, and Anna can Craft Magic Arms & Armor. Dothan plans on taking the Arms & Armor at 13th level. Kay is considering the same. If we want Scrolls, Potions, or Wands, that would be something Anna would have to take later.

Wish List
Dothan1 - Ring of Sustenance (pending DM ruling)
Dothan2 - Upgrade MW Shortbow to +1; then to +1 Sonic; then to +1 Sonic Burst
Dothan3 - Upgrade +1 Mithril Shirt to +2; then to +3
Dothan4 - Upgrade +2 Headband of Alluring Charisma to +4; then to +6
Dothan5 - Upgrade +1 Amulet of Natural Armor to +2 (low priority)
Dothan6 - Upgrade +1 Ring of Protection to +2 (low priority)
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Magic Item wish list

Postby Zen » Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 am

Kay-1 : Purchase A wand of Bear's Endurance - Cost 4500gp
Kay-2 : Purchase an amulet of Natural Armor with some significant + However high we can find and afford based on her share of the current loot and still afford at least the next two magical augments (+1 only for the bow) to weapons, to be done by party personnel (and hence half price). She would wear this instead of the medallion she currently wears. Cost +2-8000gp; +3-18000gp
Kay-3 : Purchase Ring of Force Shield (Sell Ring of Jumping)
Kay-4 : Upgrade MW Shortbow to +1, then to +1 Shocking Burst. (I'd skip the "shock" level since I can do that with Thunderstaff. If I make my bow do it without Thunderstaff, I can just charge a bunch of arrows for Eldthor at the start of an encounter and he can go at it.) Cost: +1-1000gp; Shocking Burst - 8000gp
Kay-5 : Upgrade +1 Keen Rapier to +1 Keen Agile Rapier. Cost: 5000gp
Kay-6 : Upgrade +1 Ring of Protection to +2. Cost: 3000gp
Kay-7: Upgrade Snakeskin Tunic from +1 AC +2 Dex to +1 AC +4 Dex or +6 Dex
Last edited by Zen on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I've been thinking about getting some for Eldthor, to allow him to scout in underground/low-light/dark settings without having to use a torch/light spell. I picked up some eyes of the owl awhile back, which gives him low-light vision, but darkvision would be preferable.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed May 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Anna's list is probably greedier, as she doesnt really do the whole weapon and armor thing...

Anna-1 - Upgrade Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 to +4
Anna-2 - Upgrade Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 to +4
Anna-3 - Upgrade Ring of Protection +1 to +2
Anna-4 - Upgrade Cloak Of Resistance +3 to +4

When it comes to things to buy, there isn't much that I can think of that are immediate needs... A Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone would be nice, as would an Orange Prism, but the Orange Prism is 30,000 gp, and the +1 to Anna's AC from the Dusty Rose Prism may or may not be worth the 5,000 gp the stone would cost. Anna doesnt get targeted in combat often, and I'm not sure the extra +1 would make that much of a difference.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed May 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Oh heck, I'll play:

Illian-1 - Shortswords from +1 to +3 or in the Alternative, add Agile to both blades, this would significantly Increase his damage output (+7/+3, for a total of 1d4+18/1d4+11; before singing and all other bonuses.)
Illian-2 - Upgrade Ring of Protection from +1 to +2
Illian-3 - Some form of Constitution Enhancement
Illian-4 - Other forms of AC enhancement.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Holy CRAPBALLS!

Upgrading both of Illian's blades to Agile is the FIRST priority of the magic-crafting portion of our team. FIRST!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 pm

So far, that's about 90,000 worth of stuff, if we do as much of the work as possible ourselves.

Not an unreasonable amount of money, but even if Kay, Dothan and Anna had sufficient feats and all worked double-time without ever missing a crafting roll, it would still take us 30 days of uninterrupted time.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed May 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Anna's more than happy to make Illian's blade upgrades her first priority. 12 days seems doable, and that's a HUGE upgrade for damage output.

Anna has some RP things to do and some retraining to do, but other than that, Unc's blades are priority #1.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 25, 2017 12:55 am

And Agile is only CL7, so you could work at double speed with no effective penalty.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 am

As soon as I'm done with the wings, I can also crank out some easy +1 stuff. I can make +1 Amulets of Natural Armor for Kay and Illian at 1,000 gp and 1 day of work each. Similarly, Anna can add +1 to any MW weapon for 1,000 gp and 1 day or +1 to any MW armor for 500 gp and 1 day. Heck, adding +2 to any MW armor is 2,000 gp and 2 days work.

There's some stuff we can do fast and cheap, which is why I really wanted to put everyone's wishlist stuff together in one thread, so that we can see it all laid out and figure out where our limited resources can best be spent.

Side Note: I still can't get over the Agile addition to Illian's blades. I had no idea that was even a magical property that could be had, and the idea that we can spend 3K per blade to get him +7 on damage?... that's unreal.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am

One other thing for the wish list would be an improvement in Eldthor's armor class. Currently, he has +2 leather armor, a +1 amulet of natural armor, and a +2 ring of force shield, which all adds up to AC 21. He's limited to non-magical armor, and I'd like to keep the encumbrance down. Plus, the current configuration caps the max DEX bonus at +6. I'd love to get rid of the leather armor in favor of bracers of armor, which would have no cap on the DEX bonus, but it'd have to be at least +4 (16,000 GP full price) to keep my AC the same. Or I could try to replace my leather armor with darkleaf leather armor +2, which would give me the same AC and increase the max DEX bonus to +8. And actually, with the cash we're getting, and if I trade in my existing +2 leather (worth 4,160 GP) and the ring of force shield (worth 8,500 GP), I might have enough to get some +4 darkleaf leather (16,760 GP full price), which gets me to the same AC with better max DEX bonus and without having to worry about activating the ring of force shield, and frees up that ring slot for a ring of protection. We could combine that with improvements to the amulet of natural armor, and we may actually be able to get Eldthor to a point where he could engage in melee combat rather than standing back and just using his bow. Don't get me wrong, I love the archery capabilities, and he's starting to deal some pretty serious damage with his bow. But at some point we're going to be in a position where he's not going to be able to use his bow, and will have to stand toe-to-toe with a tough foe in melee combat, and I'd prefer he not have a glass jaw for AC.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Sat May 27, 2017 12:25 am

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 am

I don't have a spreadsheet for Hal.
I did have some scrawly notes on various versions. I had headed in the direction of more buffs vs higher buffs. So +2 str and +2 dex rather than +4 of either, because I read it as less expensive. Please correct me if that's a misapprehension. Given Hal's class, etc, there's also a move toward combat nastiness, but our moments with M and his minions made me wonder if it would be a better idea to think about resistances or dr or some other anti magic enhancements. Just for fun, here is the first complete draft cobbled from things folks have mentioned and a quick run through what's available in herolab and in some of your sources.
Key * presently equipped, { } wish list, ( ) query/notes

Head: empty (ha)
Headband: {Of mental prowess}
Eyes: *Smoky goggles PRN
Shoulders: {Cloak of the crusader} (presently: available Resistance +1?)
Neck: {Necklace of adaptation} *natural armor +1
Chest: (I'm confused, is this the same as armor?)
Body: {Glorious Tabard}
Armor: * +2 mithril plate {Celestial plate) (ordered, down payment made, +3, 25k, allows <7 dex)
Belt: * +2 giant strength {Belt of battle?} (Can this be added to str belt?)
Wrists: {Bracers of the avenging knight} (+4 smite dam)
Hands: (surprised lists don't have gloves of quickdraw or neverdropping, or dex +2)
Ring 1: {Knight Inheritor’s Ring}
Ring 2: *Protection +1
Feet: {Boots of striding and springing?}
Shield: * +2 small steel shield {Winged Shield} (+3, fly 1/d)
Sword: *Adamantine +2 (add holy or other quality?) divine bond weapon which I should activate more often
Bow *masterwork +4 str, (relatively easy to get more bang +1 or 2)
* +2 disruption morningstar, very handy backup
should we keep the +3 spear for charges? It's probably worth enough that selling is a better idea
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 27, 2017 10:36 am

I really like this way of thinking about opportunities available by slot and basic items carried. Will do one for Dwyn. The spear is attractive but I thought it was size: small. The halberd Dwyn just picked up has brace for charges, so don't worry about losing that aspect.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 pm

I really like this. I haven't shared much of Anna's build, so here is mine:

Head: None
Headband: Vast Intelligence +2
Eyes: None
Shoulders: Cloak of Resistance +3
Neck: None
Chest: Robe of Runes (from Mokmurian)
Armor: None
Belt: Incredible Dexterity +2
Wrists: Spring-loaded wrist sheath (x2)
Hands: None
Ring 1: Protection +1
Ring 2: None
Feet: Boots of the cat
Shield: None
Melee Weapon: Glassteel Dagger/Dreamstone Dagger
Ranged Weapon: None

Misc: Sleeves Of Many Garments, Bag Of Holding
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Head: None
Headband: None
Eyes: None
Shoulders: None
Neck: {Amulet of Natural Armor +2}
Chest: Snakeskin Tunic {Snakeskin Tunic +6 Dexterity}
Body: Sorcerer's Robe (Just realized my current sheet is missing this... Need to fix it.)
Armor: None
Belt: None {Str +2}
Wrists: Spring-loaded wrist sheath (x2)
Hands: Pliant Gloves
Ring 1: Ring of Jumping
Ring 2: Ring of Protection +2
Feet: None
Melee Weapons:
Keen Rapier +1 {Keen Agile Rapier +1}
Keen Dagger +1
Ranged Weapons:
MW Short Bow {Short Bow +1 w/ Shocking Burst}
Wands:
Bear's Endurance
Magic Weapon (in the long run, when I have the ability to help out with the augmentation of things)

I'm realizing that I have a lot of empty slots...
Last edited by Zen on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue May 30, 2017 11:47 pm

We really have to do something about the no armor thing

Revisions?
-----elemental earth belt----- Should I take a level in monk?

Did you know there's apparently a ------sihedron ring---- we should keep our eyes open
Ring 2: *Protection +1 -----star ring-----

Shield: * +2 small steel shield {Winged Shield} (+3, fly 1/d)
cheaper +2 instead-----celestial shield--------

This is all pie in the sky, of course we'll use what we find/can afford, but how challenging is coming up with mods for the listed magic stuff? What happens if you make celestial plate and shield out of mithril? What happens if you instill haste on boots? How creative will the system allow us to be if we're able to do some of it ourselves?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed May 31, 2017 9:07 am

I'm a sorcerer. I use mage armor. I don't want to wear armor and risk spell failure. :) If it makes you feel better, we can see about Dothan bumping up the AC bonus on the Snakeskin tunic as well as the Dex bonus, but I prefer the extra dex...

BTW... Cool shield! I didn't remember that one... Or is that a wish-list item?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 am

One feat to reduce spell fail by 10%. Spend 5100 for a +2 Mithral shirt. +6 armor bonus with 0% fail chance.

I think.

Return to “Runelords”