Magic Item wish list

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Magic Item wish list

Postby Zen » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Am I wrong thinking that +6 is better than +4? So for 5100 (or half that and 3 days if Anna does it) you get an extra +2 and don't have to cast anything.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Wed May 31, 2017 2:00 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Dex limit makes a difference.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed May 31, 2017 4:08 pm

That, plus the druid limitation on no metal armor, are limiting factors for Eldthor as well. Some high-power bracers of armor would be nice, as you get the armor benefit with almost no encumbrance and no limitations for max DEX, no spell failure chance, etc. In lieu of that, some darkleaf armor will work for Eldthor for the time being. But adding some other enhancements (natural armor, dodge, etc.) is the goal for Eldthor as well.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed May 31, 2017 5:41 pm

So perhaps instead of worrying about raw ac, which dex helps. Focus on robes etc that give resistance or other protections.

There's a physical upper limit where ac goes up way slower than the ability of the bad guys (or us) to hit. So we're looking for energy resist, or DR or anti magic or spellward stuff, especially since the physical damage might be nasty, but the intel so far is that these Runelords were primarily spellcasters. That's the long term threat.

I suddenly dream of a mithril enhanced celestial set. Present shield is +2. I lost power today so my files are squinky, but Hal has either a ring or amulet of nat armor he'd swap out for whatever. I think, even though there will be some major mopping up here, we're at another pivot point.

Relevant to that, we should have a discussion about how we feel about the whole Runelord thing. This might be another thread, but we should make a collective decision about whether we're for the erasure of the whole thing, or whether we want to basically replace them. Could we gather and shift their power rather than just destroy it? We should talk. I think, for example, that Dothan would crush it as a Bard Runelord, and the parties would be awesome. Generosity instead of greed? We should talk.
Last edited by bralbovsky on Wed May 31, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Would a ring of force shield stack? I was thinking of that for Dwyn too.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed May 31, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm fairly sure that the AC bonus from a ring of force shield counts as a shield bonus, so it would stack unless the character in question is carrying a shield. Probably wouldn't work for Hal, probably would work for Kay or Dwyn.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Ring of force shield must be wielded as a shield to be effective. Therefore no good to Dwyn who needs both hands for Lucy.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 31, 2017 11:29 pm

Ahhh wield schmield. Hey, schmield shield. I am never bored, you know? Never bored. Pissy and belligerent, maybe, but not bored. The current weapon is Lucille, not Lucy (that was Hammer #1). Lucy is apparently Lego Batman's girlfriend, which I know because in some incomprehensible mixture of Freudian theory, vicarious living, and direct psychic linkage, my son has taken to calling me Lucy as if it's my real name. He has no idea why this is funny to me, but of course I had to know why he was doing it, and I discovered that's WyldStyle's "real" name.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:56 am

I'm still going to call you Lucia.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:42 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:43 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Just steal Eldthor's.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Eh, I was thinking of trading it in for the darkleaf armor. If you want it and don't mind helping me buy my armor, you can have it.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 pm

I used to have a neighbor who would pee in the yard. This really, really upsets people, btw, but I don't know. It's like the woods.

Return to “Runelords”