Post-Jorgenfist Loot Thread

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post-Jorgenfist Loot Thread

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:40 am

Last edited by Tahlvin on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Post-Jorgenfist Loot Thread

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 am

I believe this is a list of the loot gathered during last night's session from the mummy's chamber and the wyverns' next.

Harpies:
2X ring of protection +2

Mummy:
belt of giant strength +4
ring of the ram (42 charges)
Emerald Codex of the Therassic Order contained in an adamantine scroll tube cryptex

Wyverns' nest:
Staff of heaven and earth (10 charges)
fire opal
1,435 gp
2,987 sp
Last edited by Tahlvin on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 am

That seems right, except the loot was from the wyvern's lair, not the roc's nest.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Kay claims one Ring of Protection +2
_____ claims the other one.
2 +1 Rings of Protection are put in the sell pile

_____ claims the Belt of Giant Strength +4
I assume a +2 Belt goes on the pile(?).

Ring of the Ram (42 charges) is worth 7,224 (sell for 3,612)
Staff of Heaven and Earth (10 charges) is worth 10,800 (sell for 5,400)
Is anyone claiming either of those?

Emerald Codex of the Therassic Order contained in an adamantine scroll tube cryptex we keep.
Fire Opal goes to be evaluated and sell.

The rest is cash.
1,435 gp
2,987 sp
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:02 pm

The Ring of the Ram might be useful for Illian for when getting up close and personal is less good, or his weapons are ineffective. What do other people think? It would replace his ring of jumping.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm always down for a STR boost, but I already have a +2 such belt so I will defer if anyone else lacks such a thing and wants it.

The negative energy axes are a possibility for Dwyn - I really don't like the idea of it dealing negative energy EXCEPT that they also have a specially bad effect on the Undead. So... not sure how to resolve that one, theologically speaking. Good and bad there.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Dwyn, take the +4 STR belt. That's an extra 2 points of damage on every hit you make. That's the best use of that item for our party, for either you or Hal to have it. Most of Thor's combat is ranged, and his bow only allows a max STR bonus of +1, so it would do next to nothing to give that to me. It's either you, Hal, or Illian, and it certainly seems much more up your alley than Illian's.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 pm

So with a ring of protection +2 and her new feat, Anna's AC will be EXCELLENT. I don't have my sheet handy, but I believe that would put it at 30.

Having said that, it might help Sam or someone else much more.

I'm of the mind that the Staff Of Heaven And Earth might be extremely useful, but I think we could probably recreate most of those spells. It seems like having access to a wind walk that we could recharge to get Illian, Hal, or Dwyn airborne might be really handy.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm

I think that either Hal, Kay, or Illian (if it will re-size to small) should take the +2 Belt of STR that Dwyn is trading out. The extra +1 damage can't hurt, and, for Hal that would be extra to hit as well. (If I'm not mistaken, Illian is a DEX fighter like Kay, so it wouldn't help his to hit numbers.)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Hal already has +2 also. we'll put upgrading his belt slot on the list. Illian or kay might get extra damage, or we sell it.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:15 am

Kay will take a +2 belt if it is available. It wouldn't hurt.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

When I get a chance, I'll try to reorganize the loot list in the first post more along the lines of claimed/not-claimed/to-be-sold. I just haven't had time to do it yet. It may be a few more days.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:18 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Just so I don't forget, would it be possible to use some of the dragonskin for Hal's sword? Gives a disarm bonus. and maybe craft a dragonhide shield? They were red dragons?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 am

Oh yes, I have to make sure we have two red dragon corpses on the list. I'm assuming we're preserving them with the sihedron medallions, like we did the last one, correct?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:21 am

I've updated the first post to reorganize things. At the top is the list of items from the loot list that I think we need to identify as either being magical (keep/sell) or mundane (dispose of). These are listed in the loot thread without further detail.

Next is a list of TBD items, where we need to decide whether to keep or sell, and who gets what. Where we've already determined it in this thread, I've added values to those items.

Next is a list of items that have been claimed by everyone. The loot thread included items all the way back to when we set out from Sandpoint to Jorgenfist, so some of these items may have already been used up. Doesn't matter for our purposes, as we're just doing accounting to make sure every item on the loot list is assigned or sold. Any new items claimed as part of this thread have been assigned to their owners, although if you're giving up an item to take an item, let me know and I'll add your old item to the list. I've already handled Dwyn's belt of giant strength, but that's it.

Next is a list of the hard currency, as well as a list of items to sell. Right now, the sell list includes only the gems and non-magical objet d'art we've recovered. As we decide to sell things in the TBD section, I'll move them to the bottom of this list.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 am

Things I'm curious about:

Jeweled Golden Crown - Can we do a series of Knowledge checks, perhaps aided by the library before we depart to see if we can identify its provenance? Anna would be extremely reluctant to sell a crown that could still belong to a family or a kingdom, and trafficking in things like that could potentially prove problematic from a public relations standpoint down the road.

I know that SB doesnt often have an opportunity to read these threads. I'm personally in favor of moving the Ring of Protection +2 to Sam's pile, and if Anna decides that she needs one, she can purchase one with the proceeds from our most recent adventures.

Anna's potential shopping list:

Belt of Dex upgrade from +2 to +4
Ring of Protection upgrade to +2 or +3
Cloak Of Resistance upgrade from +3 to +4 (I dont think I can afford +5 yet)
Spell components for pricier spells (diamond dust, gems, etc)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Okay, I moved the ring of protection from Anna to Sam, and moved the bag of diamond dust from TBD to Anna. That's one less spell component you need to shop for.

Return to “Runelords”