Post-Jorgenfist Loot Thread

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Post-Jorgenfist Loot Thread

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 pm

The bag we have will also end up going to Sam as well. She's going to need it for the restoration for Kay.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:15 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Since I worked out the prices in an earlier thread:

Sell (full price is listed; we sell for half value)
Staff of heaven and earth (10 charges) (10,800gp)
Lab Equipment (1500)
+1 large full plate armor (4150)
2 runechill hatchets (10624)
+2 Defending Bladed Scarf (9312)
Scroll of Contact Other Plane (1125)
+3 Heavy Pick, large (18316)
+3 Shortspear, small (18301)
+2 Halberd (8320)
+2 Breastplate, large (4550)
+1 longsword, large (2315)
+1 Light steel shield, large (1168)
+1 Buckler, small (1155)
Cloak of Elvenkind (2500)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000)
+2 Falchion (8,375)
+2 Falchion (8,375)
+1 Ring of Protection (1,000)
+1 Ring of Protection (1,000)
Masterwork Leather Armor (160)
Masterwork Leather Armor (160)

Make Whole & Sell (when Anna can cast Make Whole)
+2 Defending, Spell-storing Club, large (broken)(32150)
+1 Breastplate, small (broken)(1350)

And after the trade-off of goods, do we now have 2 MORE +1 Rings of Protection?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Which means we're at roughly 90K total. And that's before figuring any value for the material goods that need to be appraised and/or the two dragon corpses.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm

And Pat can check his notes from the last dragon corpse (if he still has them), but I believe we got almost 12,500 for the last one. But I know that I had come up with one total based on certain assumptions, and Pat then corrected my assumptions and it was actually twice what I thought. So I don't know if 12,500 was the final number or just my incorrect guess.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:43 am

I've updated the first post based on Mike's post, moving things to the Sell list and adding values. There were a few items on the loot list that were not on Mike's list that still need to be identified, and a few items on Mike's list that weren't on the loot list. I kept those last ones separate, because I wasn't sure if they were not on the loot list because they had already been claimed by someone. So if you know the fate of those items, post it here and I'll remove them, otherwise we'll add them to the sell or claimed list eventually.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 am

Any other thoughts before tonight's session?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:20 am

As I mentioned to Mike at GenCon, the price on the staff is off by a factor of 5. I only know this because I was considering crafting one down the road once I'd saved up for it. It'll sell for 27k, they retail for 54k.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:29 am

I have never paid attention to staffs apparently. I had no clue that 10 charges was fully charged. So yeah... it's actually worth 50K+.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:59 am

I've updated the value of the staff. Anything else? Otherwise, I think we just need some values for gems and objet d'arts from our friendly, neighborhood GM, and I think we're ready to start selling some stuff.

Will Anna be fixing the broken magic items before we sell them?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:20 pm

I believe Anna needs to be 13th level to do that. So we're holding on to broken items until she can cast the whatever it is. Make whole?
She HAS the spells, but can't use them yet.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 pm

i have figured out the math for selling the following items, and will give you the actual total once it has been sold (to prevent some metagame issues).

Being old: staff of heaven and earth (10 charges), Mokmurian's lab equipment, +1 Large full-plate armor, runechill hatchet x2, +2 defending bladed scarf, scroll of contact other plane, +3 Large heavy pick, +3 Small shortspear, +2 halberd, +2 Large breastplate, +1 Large longsword, +1 Large light steel shield, +1 Small buckler, fire opal, water opal, black opal, amber and sapphire necklace, set of ivory runestones, rich blue diamond, 53 gemstones of lesser quality, fine linen tapestry depicting monks sparring in a courtyard, five silver idols, platinum idol of Karzoug, bone statuette of a mammoth, eye patch with a mock eye of black star sapphire and moonstone, jeweled gold crown, mithral anklet.

I will take a Knowledge (nobility) roll for the jeweled gold crown to identify it further. Dothan doesn't get to roll on this, as she already tried and didn't meet the DC. No bonuses from the library (this is more recent than that).

I did not account for Mokmurian's club or for the small breastplate, as they are both damaged and can't be made whole yet.

Anyone wishing to transport this treasure is going to have to travel overland. The sheer coinage is gigantic, the lab equipment weighs several hundred pounds, and some of the other items are fairly bulky. And that's not counting the dragon corpses you want to bring. It will take you the better part of a day to pack this stuff up. (See other thread.)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:40 am

Might as well continue this here.

So Eldthor's current funds include 16,882 GP. If he sells his +2 leather armor (4,160 gp, sells for 2,080 gp), his ring of force shield (8,500 gp, sells for 4,250 gp), and gloves of arrow snaring (4,000 gp, sells for 2,000 gp), then he'll have 25,212 gp.

I can the buy +4 darkleaf cloth leather armor (AC +6, Max Dex +8, Arcane: 5%, 16,760 gp) and 50 bane arrows of various types (8,302.5 gp), which will leave me with 149.5 gp. My overall AC will end up being the same (AC +6), but the max dex bonus will have increased by 2, I'll have a ring slot freed up for a future ring of protection to help things out more, and it won't be dependent upon having the ring of force shield activated.

In order to do this, DMDarcs needs to approve the availability of leather armor in Magnimar. That special material is not listed in the core rulebooks; it's from the Ultimate Equipment Guide and the Advanced Race Guide. I'll wait for your ruling.

If that doesn't work, then I'll probably keep the existing leather armor but still sell the ring of force shield and gloves of arrow snaring, giving me 23,132 gp, then buy a +3 ring of protection for 18,000 gp, which would leave me enough cash to buy 30 bane arrows. I'll end up with a slightly better AC than currently, but with the same max dex bonus, and with fewer bane arrows.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am

Oh, yeah... I was buying that Ring of Force Shield from you for 4,250gp, right dear?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:33 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:42 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:45 am

I asked this in the other thread but maybe better for future reference to ask here: exactly how much money did each of us have after we sold and divided proceeds on everything from the entire Jorgenfist campaign?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:48 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:49 am

Return to “Runelords”