Post-Jorgenfist Travel/Plans Thread

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.

Where to next/how to get there?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:46 am

Split up: overland to Sandpoint, shopping/selling in Magnimar, work on item creation, meet in Sandpoint
67%
Split up: overland to Fort Rannick, shopping/selling in Magnimar, work on item creation, meet in Sandpoint
17%
Keep together: overland to Sandpoint, then shopping/selling in Magnimar
17%
Keep together: overland to Fort Rannick, then shopping/selling in Magnimar, then return to Sandpoint
No votes
Keep together: teleport to Sandpoint, get horses later
No votes

Total votes: 6
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Post-Jorgenfist Travel/Plans Thread

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 am

[Supposes splitting up is OK as long as it isn't for too long...]
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:17 pm

I will go cast my vote for overland, separate, on the assumption that Dothan wants to get back and have some extra time, others might want to get to Magnimar more quickly than the rest of us will move, and Dwyn could use some quiet time riding to think through all that just happened and unwind a little (unless the journey is eventful!).

I would be satisfied if we could do a "sending" to V. at the Fort and to the Priest of Erastil in Turtleback and say something like "Ogres returning to mountains north of you. May cause no trouble but be on lookout. Can you send us message quickly if they threaten?"
That way Dwyn is satisfied they were warned about the ogres, just in case, and we can find out whether they have the capability to warn us of problems. If they cannot send us a message in a similar way, perhaps we can continue to check in with them until we're able to visit in person. I assume at least a few of us could teleport out there now that we are all massively powered, should they detect any hostile movements from the ogres.

Anyway, if we are able to press "hold" on the Fort for a while, it would be nice to invest some time in the Sandpoint area, not just for the creation of items and visiting Magnimar, but to follow up on all the new insights we have. I'd almost rather visit Riddleport on the way back down, but again, we need some time. Down time good. Thinking time, investigating time, crafting time. I don't expect to get it, since all these subterranean ancient forces are clearly moving on their own timeline and not ours, but at least we can try.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am

We've got 5 out of 8 people who have voted! There's a little over 48 hours left to get your vote in!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:16 am

There's a few more hours to get your vote in, or change your vote. Looks like everyone so far is in favor of splitting the party, with most favoring the overland group going straight to Sandpoint.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Given my current mental state (mine, not Illian's) I'm okay with whatever we decide.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Treasure transport is going to need to take place overland. No simple teleporting on this (you can't teleport more than you can carry). You are carrying a vast amount of coinage. Mokmurian's lab equipment weighs several hundred pounds. Giant armor is bulky, as is the tapestry. There's also two dragon corpses that you're interested in bringing along as well.

I'm ruling that it will take the better part of a day to retrieve the coinage outside of the dragon's lair (the one way up on the high mountain), as well as pack everything up. This is all the group will be able to spend the day on. I'm going to assume a division of labor between retrieving, packing up, and building passable wagons/sleds to bring this equipment back. There are still the six dwarf prisoners. They will help with building the wagons, . You may want to think about compensating them.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:04 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Sounds good.

Return to “Runelords”