Spending our Jorgenfist Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Spending our Jorgenfist Loot

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:46 am

I'm spending all my money. I'm getting:
Bracers of the Glib Entertainer (+5 to all Perform skills and Glibness once per day) [7,900]
+2 Mithril shirt (trade in the +1 model) [4,050]
+1 Shortbow (trade in MW bow) [2,115]

At least that's my initial plan. If anyone has a good way for me to beef up my saves that doesn't involve a Cloak of Resistance, I'll look at that too. Even something to pump up just my will save, because that's where Dothan is most vulnerable and most nervous. Physical damage and sickness and such don't scare her, but losing her faculties does.

Also, if anyone would like me to start crafting a wondrous item of any kind for them, I'm on it. With fast crafting, I can pump it out in a number of work days equal to half the retail cost in thousands (and remember that 4 days adventuring equals 1 work day at home). So if it's an item that costs 4,000, I can do it in 2 days just sitting here or 8 days on the road.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spending our Jorgenfist Loot

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 am

I'm planning on buying a Cloak Of Resistance +5, trading in my +3. That leaves me with just north of 5 thousand gold to spend on various and sundry crafting items.

I'm aiming for:

Upgrade Belt of incredible dex +2 to +4
Upgrade Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 to +4
Upgrade ring of protection +1 to +3
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:40 am

How long would it take for someone to make my armor Benevolent (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/)?
It's a very basic mod but fits absolutely perfectly with the essence of the character.

Also can someone tell me exactly how much money we have now, since we did all of our last purchasing rounds in Magnimar? I.e. all of the venture northward? I haven't added any $$ since then.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:42 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:47 am

There was a cloak of resistance in our loot list, wasn't there? Didn't someone claim it already?

Eldthor wants some goggles that will give him darkvision, preferably to 120 feet, which is the end goal. If you're available to work on something like that, great, although I'll need to know so I can perhaps not spend as much on bane arrows if that's the case.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:50 am

Phoebe, Benevolent is super-easy since it just comes with a base additional cost and not a modifier to the effective armor bonus. Kay has Craft Arms and Armor, so she could do that for you in just a day or two for 1,000gp.

I think that's a wonderful idea, and it's so very Dwyn.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:58 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:54 am

EDIT: OFFICIAL:

She made 80 durable arrows costing 33 gp 5 sp, bringing her PRE-loot cash on hand to 549 gp 9 sp 5 cp.

Total after loot: 16,832 gp 1 sp 3 cp

Option 1:
Craft:
80 Durable Arrows

Buy:
Ring of Force Shield (from Eldthor): 4,250 gp
Wand of Bear's Endurance: 4,500 gp
Amulet of Natural Armor +2: 8,000 gp
Masterwork Strength +2 Composite Shortbow: 1,275 gp

Sell:
Ring of Jumping: 1,250 gp
Masterwork Strength +1 Composite Shortbow: 587 gp 5 sp

Total cost: 16,187 gp 5 sp

Total after purchases: 644 gp 6 sp 3 cp

When I have enough gold, or if someone wishes to loan me some:
Upgrade:
Make new Masterwork Strength +2 Composite Shortbow a +1 Magical Strength +2 Composite Shortbow (Inhouse): 1,000 (Unless my husband has 356 gp he could lend me to pay Anna for her services... Well, I can't get this done until Anna has a day to do it anyway...)

IN ADDITION:

Can I find any raw materials to make Adamantine arrows? If not how many does Eldthor have? I would like to make some durable adamantine arrows for him so we don't need to worry about needing to replace them as much.

Also looking for any Chthonic Steel, Elysian Bronze, or Fire-forged steel. I'll purchase some more supplies for making durable arrows once I know what is available. (Or some of the existing arrows and replace the heads on my durable ones with the heads from the new ones.)

Final purchase: 20 Elysian Bronze, 2 Fire-forged steel and 3 Adamantine at a total cost of 610 gp 2 sp 6 cp

Leaving me with:
34 gp 3 sp 7 cp
Last edited by Zen on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:59 am

So I'm buying 50 bane arrows. What do you think they should be baned against? I currently have 24 giant-bane arrows, and 5 dragon-bane arrows left from our recent adventure. I'm fairly sure we're going to run into more giants, since the Runelords seem to have used them for a lot of their manpower. Do we think we're going to run into more dragons? We've already encountered 3 of them. Should it be 30 giant-bane/20 dragon-bane? Or 40/10? 50/0? What do people think?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Anna has Craft Arms and Armor, and so can do any of these modifications that people might want.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Monstrous humanoid. That's an option as well. 30/10/10 for giant/lamia/dragon?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Return to “Runelords”