Transporting Ancient White Dragons...

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Transporting Ancient White Dragons...

Postby Zen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:52 am

At least we shouldn't have to worry about the body going bad... (We might have thought to put a medallion on it to preserve it though...) But do we know if a dragon that size is able to be teleported?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: Transporting Ancient White Dragons...

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Well... We all know Illian is very strong.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Now he just has to learn how to teleport.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:50 pm

First, we need to level up. Then Anna will be able to teleport herself and four other people: Dwyn, Illian, Carbohal, Eldthor. Obviously Anna won't be as strong as the rest of them, so each of them needs to deadlift about 4,500 pounds, leaving just a measly ton for Anna to hoist. BOOM! Everyone's at max load, and Bob's your uncle... white dragon goes to market.

Why is it always the bard who has to come up with this stuff?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 pm

I hate to be that guy, but why are we assuming that we'll be seeing Magnimar again soon, or again, period?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:44 am

I share your pessimism. The fact that the dragon was slowed is about the only thing that saved us. The fact that the Earth Elementals were dispersed is the only thing that saved us, or at least, moi. I think Sam probably would have been able to keep me alive as long as I remained the focus of their attacks. But it's weird that they focused on me. Is it because I was the first to approach on foot and flyers had no effect? Or is it because I was the one holding the key at the top of the list?

It looks like we're going to have to skin our own dragon if we want to take any of that stuff. It's a very big creature, so it may be enough to take certain things like a tooth or scale and call it good. I want to make a headband of them. But all of this is predicated on not dying on whatever mountaintop we're headed to.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 am

A. You act like those things were just luck. But Slow... Dispersal... those are part of our arsenal. We carry them with us for a reason. And sometimes we DO get super-lucky with the saving throws (like the clock tower lamia) but other times THEY get lucky. Those elementals had absolutely golden save dice, and we should have gotten to them sooner.

B. I think they focused on Dwyn because she had the first key.

C. Yeah... I think Thor's gonna have to guide us in field dressing this thing.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:30 am

Not luck, as if we weren't normally prepared to do it, but lucky in the sense that at first it didn't work and then it finally did... It is helpful perspective to know that those saving throws weren't normal, though. I was thinking maybe all the creatures we faced from here on out in this mission would be similarly well-equipped to defeat us. And maybe they are... But at least it seems like we have more of a fighting chance if they're not all going to be quite that powerful. I know this campaign is not usually played with such a big group as we have either, so I probably shouldn't be so paranoid about death at all times. But that's kind of how Dwyn is too... A super-powered person who isn't afraid to go into battle, yet also pessimistically assumes the worst will happen every time
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Yeah... If you hover over the rolls, you can see the dice. Kinda cheating. But they had +10 which means they should have failed more than 50% of the time. Which they refused to do.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Upon reading that a second time, I didnt mean it to sound quite as pessimistic as it reads to me right now.

What I meant was, we are QUITE a ways away from Magnimar, carrying keys whose purpose we have yet to ascertain, attempting to enter somewhere called Runeforge, which may or may not even be on this plane of existence...

We know that Karzoug's empire WAS on Golarion, so it follows that we will be coming back at some point, because it makes sense in MY mind that we'll have to find his final resting place or whatever, but I dont know where a shopping trip to Magnimar fits in with this new set of variables in the equation of the Company of The Rusty Dragon.

I will say this... I'm excited to find out :)
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Before we go too far, someone flying should take the medallion OFF MY HUSBAND'S NECK!!! and put it on the dead dragon...

(The thought was that maybe one of us needed to have one of their damned, literally from our perspective, medallions on in order to get past the elementals unscathed. But now that we don't need to worry about them anymore, I want him to get it off!)

EDIT: Realizes that she is flying and can accomplish said feat herself... might just do that when we start up, if memory allows...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Yes, I was able to walk right by the elemental while wearing the medallion. But if the elementals are all gone, I’m getting that thing off as quickly as possible.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:07 pm

But I was not wearing a medallion and buzzed close to them without them taking notice. They seemed pretty singularly focused on Dwyn.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 pm

We were thinking there was a difference between flying and walking... Earth elemental and all..
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Huh. Were Thor, Illian, and Kay all wearing medallions?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 am

I believe Kay, Anna, Sam, and Dothan were all flying. Thor was wearing a medallion (and should be the only one wearing one) and was not flying. Dwyn, Illian, and Hal were walking and not wearing medallions. Dothan was first to get close to the elementals while flying I believe, and I know that Dwyn was the first to get close to the elementals while walking. So the factors at play are flying vs. walking, medallion vs. no medallion, and key (and which key) vs. no key.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 am

Or maybe they just thought my face was the scariest...
:banana:
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Or maybe they focus on one target until it’s eliminated, then move on to the next. But they’re not golems, so maybe they focus on what they perceive to be the biggest threat.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Can't speak for Illian, but Kay was definitely NOT wearing her medallion... especially since she GAVE IT TO ELDTHOR...

Return to “Runelords”