Entering Runeforge

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Entering Runeforge

Postby Zen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:38 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:21 pm

On Dwyn's behalf allow me to toss in these 2 cents:

Out in White Dragon circle, where we obtained the Keys, I did the "Abjuration" spell which meant that I was maybe dealing with Stone and Key #1, and this may also be why (as others guessed?) the Earth Creatures targeted Dwyn first for attack, if she was holding the First Key for entry into the Runeforge.

This abjuration was associated with Belimarus, about whom I know nothing except that it is one of the Seven and associated with Abjuration. So if you Big Brained types know something about Belimarus and can figure out e.g. which statue or which area is associated with that one, we could proceed from there. ???

Problems: I have Big Problems attending our event tonight. This is one of those situations where the job demands are very real and I can't predict where they will lead this evening. It's like so many fans and so much hitting them, every single day. I will do what I can once I get home and kids are in bed, but don't know when that will be. Please use me as an NPC brute without worry.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Will be late arriving tonight. Need to do bedtime with the wee ones and then go to the post office. Will get back ASAP.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm here with my phone but unable to log on to the thing roll20. : (
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That is all.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 am

I'm glad I didn't decide to destroy that strange metallic liquid out of hand... (Just kidding... that was never even a thought... Not touching it and making sure it didn't move around and attack? Yes! Zapping it with a lighting bolt and trying to fry it? No! After all, a fireball necklace bead would have been a better attack anyway... and not from inside the room... that is just stupid! Always know the range of your area spells in an enclosed space! Or be like me and just don't have area spells that are more than a freaking cone! That way you don't have to be good at math!)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Any thoughts on the next wing? It would make Thursday easier on me.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm

I vote for the wing with the exit door. Just prepare that one; thanks in advance.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 am

I say we start with Karzoug's wing. What say the rest of you?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 am

I'm happy with anything.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 am

(There is a secret panel behind the mustard ooze that we did not explore.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 am

Dothan has no idea on Mean Mr Mustard. I don't know if this is one vulnerable to electricity or if it is powered by electricity. Vulnerable to fire? To cold? Slimes and oozes and molds baffle me.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm

I would suggest, after someone with a mighty will save and mage hand (NOT IT!) floats another ever-burning canary into the room, we either use one of the fireball necklace beads or have Anna try a fireball spell, with sufficient distance from it to not, you know... blow everyone to bits... and see if that does anything to it.

If that doesn't work, then we'll try lightning...

Then cold...

Then Acid, but I doubt Acid would work, because I expect that it is acidic. Actually, lightning might be the best bet...

EDIT: You'll notice I'm NOT suggesting using any water spells... hmmmm....
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm

If we want to experiment, I say fire first. I don't remember much, but I specifically don't remember any oozes that are empowered by fire. Maybe fire doesn't hurt much, but chances are it won't make it stronger.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

That's a good approach. We may not know what harms the thing but we can make some good guesses about what doesn't help it. I'm hoping there will be a role for the monkeys somewhere here; I'm just waiting for that basically every time. I am ready for the exit wing, just to reiterate.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 pm

I'll second the vote for Karzoug's wing.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

Return to “Runelords”