Entering Runeforge

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Entering Runeforge

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:06 am

BTW, the +1 flametongue longsword would be an upgrade to Eldthor's regular +1 longsword. If nobody minds, Thor will take that sword and place his old one in the loot pile. A longsword doesn't appear to be anything that would interest Anna, Sam, Kay, or Illian; Dwyn primarily uses Lucille but does have a backup longsowrd, and Hal already has a +2 adamantine longsword. The flametongue longsword would be an upgrade to Dwyn's backup weapon, an might be a small upgrade or just a step sideways from what Hal has. So if either of them want the longsword instead, that would be fine.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

I've added values to the items in the first post. Question on values for magic items with charges: does the value reduce pro-rata based on the number of charges that have been used? So a wand starts with 50 charges, but if there are only 5 left, is the value of that wand only 10% of the listed value? I assume so, but didn't know for sure.

Also, do we know the caster level on the wand of magic missile?

And we'll need to get an appraisal on that suit of non-magical-but-highly-decorative set of full plate.

I've assigned out a few more of the items that I believe were claimed or discussed as being assigned to particular folks, and have assigned some names next to some of the items I thought should be assigned to certain folks. This was done as an effort to keep things moving; otherwise, we'll end up in an end cycle of "no, you take that item!" :) We can certainly reassign things as desired.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 am

You are correct on the valuation of charged items.

Thank you.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am

And by the way, I am thinking Dothan should have the chime of opening, but I'm worried she's going to want to play it like a musical instrument and use up all of the charges. :p
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 am

I can be careful.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 pm

More loot assignments in the first post of the thread.

I split the potions of cure * wounds between the party, with the front-line fighters (Hal, Dwyn, Illian) getting the most/best, particularly Illian since he doesn't have any of his own healing spells like Hal and Dwyn do.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Last edited by Zen on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Wisdom 7, BTW.

But seriously... no one tell Pat, but I'm a huge vulnerable spot in the party. Charming, lovable, tiny. Everyone feels very protective of me. I fly above the fray and sing powerfully, making myself an obvious target. I spend all my money on devices to make myself better at things I'm already stupidly good at. I have an AC 20. Mediocre reflex save. Abysmal will and fort saves. My only saving grace is that I have I have enough HP to (usually) survive one solid hit. Plus, I think Pat feels sorry for my poorly optimized character.

I may spend some cash coming up on moderating my shitty AC and saves. A belt of dexterity is probably a good start. Some sort of talisman to pump up my will save in particular. I'm open to ideas.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi, I have +3 benevolent agile half-plate, so unless there is something specially suited about this new +3 wolf half plate, it's probably not needed by me.

What I do need is enhancement to Lucille, who is only a +1 in a world of more plussing and cash, but it takes time to get her there, or I'd have to trade her in. So cash is really the thing right now, and time to get some of these upgrades made.

I could probably use the +1 warhammer as an alternative to the longsword, but any idea what the "evocation" part does or means? I recently added a halberd but sold a flail and left the scythe behind at home - I need to get rid of some of the older weapons because even the new Handy Haversack can only handle so much!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 pm

I'd be curious to know if Dothan's wings would interfere with the cloak of resistance. It sounds like she could use a +3 to her saves a lot more than some of the rest of us.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 pm

The wings are a cloak.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 pm

I thought they probably were, or if they weren't, they would occupy the shoulder slot.

Hell. Back to the drawing board.

Also, just to put this out there: If we are ACTUALLY planning a session to gear up back in Magnimar or where ever we think we can sell this damn dragon corpse, and there is an item that is within reach of purchasing that someone is short on funds for, please say something. If we compile the list of what we have to hand, and it turns out you're a few thousand short, Anna will gladly front you the remainder. She has north of 5 thousand GP not doing anything to benefit anyone, and if it would increase our overall survivability, that's a price she'd gladly pay.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Ditto, I have something like 14000 GP sitting here and a few grand of that is going toward a ring of feather falling, but otherwise it's just saving up to spend on Lucille or donate to the church or the poor or something.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Yeah I don't mind pooling resources. I've got three grand right now and another however many K after we cash in. Sure I want a few things but nothing is important now that I have my wings. A +6 headband of charisma someday, better armor, whatever. But none of it is urgent or absolutely necessary. If other people can make use of the cash or if we have a large group purchase to make (airship? :D ), I'm on board with whatever.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 am

Yeah... pooling resources might be nice... especially for those of use who are practically broke. ;)

Currently, Kay has 562 gp 4 sp 5 cp... However, she has decided that she has some things she is willing to sell, like:
Wand of Shocking Grasp (25 charges) (350 sale value)
Wand of Magic Missile (25 charges) (350 sale value)
Wand of Magic Missile CL3 (41 charges) (1371 gp 9 sp 5 cp sale value)
+1 Keen Dagger (4151 gp sale value - let's face it, she's never going to use it, unless she has to hand in her rapier to someone OTHER than Anna to get the Agile special ability added.)

That gives her another 6,222 gp 9 sp 5 cp, for a total of 6,784 gp 13 sp 10 cp.

IF she were going to get rid of the Snakeskin Tunic and the Belt of Giant Strength +2 and replace them with a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4, she would have:

Snakeskin Tunic (4000 gp sale value)
Belt of Giant Strength +2 (2000 gp sale value)

Bringing her total to 12,784 gp 13 sp 10 cp.

Unfortunately, a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4 costs 16,000 gp...

Doing that would also mean her bow is to hard for her to draw, so she would need to replace it. So she would need to sell:

Masterwork Strength +2 Composite Shortbow (262 gp 5 sp sale value)

and replace it with

Masterwork Strength +1 Composite Shortbow (450 gp)

SO... her total cash now is 13,046 gp 18 sp 10 cp

and her total she needs to purchase is 16,450 gp

She would also loose 1 point of AC when she doesn't have Mage Armor cast...

However, she'd also really like to get that Celestial Armor... which costs 22,400 gp.

In other words, WAY TOO MUCH...

Alternately, if she were to have Dothan spend some time updating her Snakeskin Tunic to have a +4 DEX Bonus instead of a +2 Dex Bonus, it would increase the cost of it by 12,000 gp and she wouldn't need to replace the bow or sell the tunic or the Belt of Giant Strength... so...

She would still only have 6,784 gp 13 sp 10 cp and it would take Dothan 12 days to complete the upgrade (unless that was being done faster somehow, but I don't think so.)

And the 22,400 gp Celestial Armor is still pretty much out of reach... sigh...

EDIT: Alternately, I could get myself a set of +3 Dancing Scarves for 9,300 gp... That would give me AC 5, an improvement over Mage Armor of 1, bringing my overall AC, if I get the added DEX enhancement, to: 29
10 +
7 for Dex bonus of currently +
2 Shield Bonus for Ring of Force Shield +
2 Deflect Bonus for Ring of Protection +
2 Natural Armor Bonus for Amulet of Natural Armor +
5 AC +3 Dancing Scarves +
1 Dodge bonus for Dodge Feat.

So, let's say we plan on either upgrading the Snakeskin Tunic OR eventually trading it, the Belt of Giant Strength, and the Masterwork Strength +2 Composite Shortbow in for a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4 and a Masterwork Strength +1 Composite Shortbow, and RIGHT NOW, purchasing a set of +3 Dancing Scarves for 9,300gp.

Given what I have in cash and trade before the current loot, I have: 6,784 gp 13 sp 10 cp so I'm a 2,514 6 sp short right now... However, if I remember correctly, without selling ANY magical items or Dragon parts, we have a total of 2,917 gp per person coming to us from this Dragon Hoard... (23,336/8 correct?) So, if I add that in, I will have 402 gp 4 sp left after buying my +3 Dancing Scarves... If Darcs says I can find +3 Dancing Scarves... (Let me guess, we have to go to Riddleport to find something like that? LOL!)
Last edited by Zen on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:36 am

At this point my travel crafting time has been going to waste. Someone needs to give me a task, and I'll get on it.

I can work on any Wondrous Item.

Return to “Runelords”