Entering Runeforge

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Entering Runeforge

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:16 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:23 am

Also, to recap the crafting decisions that were made last night:

Dothan spent 3 days and 3,000 gp to upgrade Dwyn's amulet of natural armor from +1 to +2.

Next on the list should be upgrading Thor's amulet of natural armor from +1 to +2, for another 3 days and 3,000 gp.

After that, all of us (Kay, Dwyn, and Thor) want our +2 amulets upgraded to +3, which will take 5,000 gp and take 5 days for each amulet (assuming Dothan is rushing things). They will be done in the following order: Kay, Dwyn, then Thor; Kay first, since she's the squishiest one that regularly engages in melee combat, then Dwyn because she's constantly in melee combat, and then Thor because he's probably the squishiest one in the party.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 am

Thank you for doing all the accounting - it's like having someone else relieve you of the chore of doing your checkbook. Which reminds me that today is the day, if we want to make contributions to 2017 tax return items.

So I'm getting a ring of feather falling and will assume I already have it, though the story behind it is TBD. The rest of the things I'd want require more time for upgrading/selecting a specific weapon.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:07 pm

It's close but the tips of the points probably need to be more elongated and it's not clear to me how that would be achieved because of the way these "petals" are folded to get the points.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Yes, that’s a sihedron!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Okay, I have to try this and see what happens. Sometimes when you make a thing you can see how it could be modified. I've not had good luck in that regard with folded hotpads, but who knows, I am possessed of a brain, am I not?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:27 pm

I realized that I was misunderstanding something from last week's session... Did Kay have 2 FULL days of crafting? if so, she would have finished 8 durable Elysian Bronze arrows in that time. She can do four per day with a successful roll. I'm not going to bother with partials with those and just call it 1 for travel and 4 for full days.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:37 pm

You had 2 travel days if you went shopping. That would be one half of a regular day.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:02 pm

That's what I thought... and what I said during the session... (and how I updated my character sheet...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Then you were 100% correct every single time.

#girlpower
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:58 am

So it may be premature to discuss, but does anyone want to discuss what we are doing next? I am pretty creeped out by this place, both me and my character, because it seems like the kind of place we should have faced doom in, yet we have not. Partly this is because the white dragon probably liked being left alone and has rid his former bedchamber of menace.

However, it worries me in this deeper sense: what if we come meddling down here to a place where other adventurers maybe tried but were brought to an end by the Dragon, and therefore nobody has disturbed it since the ancient times we are hearing talk of. And you know how everywhere we encounter people who are willfully attempting to stir up the ancient powers, and we're trying to put a halt to that? Well, what if in this place, our presence is going to be the thing that stirs up the ancient powers, which otherwise would have been left slumbering? If we monkey with things excessively, maybe we unwittingly become the tools of our own demise and the destruction of our world - not to be too dramatic, but you know.

I take it our goal here is to find clues as to how to stop the bubbling menace we have been reacting to here and there, and also hopefully to figure out a cure for Illian. I'm not sure how we do either of those things - at first I was thinking library, but we have already found a library and therefore it would be weird to bounce from one library to another. That's when I became creeped out - like maybe what these ancient ones WANT is for someone to come stirring up their bones so that they can claw their way back to our world. Maybe they want to fight each other - I have been concerned that we have on the one hand these "greed" people with the mark, and we've seen in several contexts now from Magnimar to Turtleback Ferry and beyond, and then we have on the other hand the things beneath Sandpoint, which seem more about Wrath than about Greed. Is the "hole" back there evidence that the wrath forces are stirring up, maybe hoping to fight the "greed" forces? But then everyone innocent is potential collateral damage. Based on what we found at Jorgenfist, the weaponry/forces up there might have been fighting whatever was in Sandpoint. And that's just 2 but there are seven, so who knows about the others.

Anyway, I worry about becoming a party to stirring this stuff up, that is all. I'm not sure how to prevent it, but also not sure how we are to accomplish our goals here in the first place. I worry about continuing to meddle, as opposed to maybe conducting further investigation elsewhere. We know we were thisclose to finding out something big about how the lighthouse is used as a weapon. Maybe further clues can be found to that if we look elsewhere and compare - e.g. Riddleport, or figuring out what the lay of the land was in ancient times. We also know there are things like the Irespan that we had neither the time nor luxury to investigate after the whole clocktower business, but maybe it warrants a closer look to help solve our mysteries.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm

So I have 21,000 GP to spend...because I never spent any of the last batch of 16,000 we had from Jorgenfist...I'm rounding down, I think, because at that point, it's just extra 0s. Time to go looking!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:41 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm probably going to be trading in my +2 Darkleaf Armor for +2 Darkleaf that also has Light or Moderate Fortification on it (chance to negate critical hits.) but I need to do the math on it. Trade in, because there's no time to get it enchanted, and whichever of the fortification I can afford will be delightful!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Okay!

My Dark Leaf Leather Armor +2 is now Darkleaf Leather Armor of Light Fortification +2
I picked up an Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (AC of 30 now, before Defensive Flurry.)
And 3 potions of Bear's Endurance.

And I still have enough to enchant my blades at some future point!

Here's the updated sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 am

Dothan, this thing you need to heal Illian... do we have any indication what school of magic it might be related to, or is it some sort of amalgam of multiple schools of magic? Why do I ask? Well, we've got these seven hallways to choose from, right? It's likely that each of them is associated with a particular rune lord and, therefore, a particular school of magic... So... if we had an idea of which school of magic to search for that elusive knowledge?

OOC: it might give Darcs a better idea of which hallway to flesh out fully for the next session...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:57 am

Knowledge (Arcana) 43 -- I'm taking 20 (Lore Warden).

This is to review my gathered knowledge and notes about ethillion and if it's not already obvious, determine which school of magic is most likely what I'm looking for.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm

I really hope that Pat is all: The Power to heal yourself was inside you all along!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 am

Return to “Runelords”