Leveling to 12

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Leveling to 12

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:56 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Leveling to 12

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

Oh... and I figured out how to get my caster level checks to include the +1 for electric and sonic spells last night... AFTER my last caster check! I added a "Buff" to my Roll20 character sheet called "Electric or Sonic Spell" that adds +1 to caster level. I just have to turn on that buff before clicking the caster level check button. (I may leave it clicked, since, let's face it... how many of my offensive spells AREN'T electric or sonic? It's almost more common that I HAVE the extra +1 than NOT. 10 out of 23 spells I have are one or both... but most of the ones that aren't are cantrips...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Anna's leveling to 12 is complete.

She took a point in Dexterity this time around, as it was her only odd ability score. She now has a Dexterity of 24.

She gains access to 6th level spells at level 12, and has chosen 2 transmutation all stars:

As for skill selections, she diverged on one point this time around, taking a level of Appraise rather than a 12th rank in Use Magic Device. The remainder are all the same.

I dont think much else has changed. Let me know if y'all need any more info.

Cheers!

[EDIT] Also, now that she's 12 level, I believe the repairs to the remaining broken items are now possible, as are some more crafting options, specifically for Kay, if I remember correctly. We can revisit and try to remember what that was...
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Puzzling with what to do about Hal. The easy thing is to go for another level of Paladin, gain second level spell, this thing called aura of justice, which opens smite to everyone, but I'm still uncertain how that works. (Might be killer, but I'm slow to understand the mechanics)

Took that level of Ranger a while back, which was a game changer vs the giants. Could go ranger 2, which opens up shield bash (which I also don't entirely understand) take minus to hit for a possible 2d6 (+5str+3 song, etc), worth doing the math.

No feats coming, no prestige or specialization classes (since paladin already is one)

regardless, gain stat, prolly intelligence, which is his only odd,and get Thassilon as a language, might enhance reaction speed in this place and after. Some of the coolest stuff I've taken, angelic aspect, disarming strike, aren't factored into herolab or any of the other engines, so I'll keep looking.

Sorry about getting complacent about the ooze, shouldn't never have let it get out of that narrow hallway, but I was just 'la de da, let's experiment, it probably won't get mad. And it caught me off guard. Ya, I know, it turned out ok, Illian was totes our MVP, but if I can't handle a lonesome, leftover slime, I'm a little worried going forward. I'll try not to let it happen again.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:49 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 am

So... about the gain stat... I could take it in STR or WIS and gain a +1 bonus, but I just don't feel that does anything for Kay. The WIS bonus would help with Perception checks, a little, but that's about it. I'm actively trying to make my STR bonus irrelevant by trying to get my sword augmented with the Agile feature... Adding an additional +1 to my strength would make the +2 Strength bow under-powered, since I have the strength enhancement thing going on already...

What do you guys think?
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 pm

My unqualified opinion is wisdom. perception is something K does often, if there's a save bonus, that's ... well, a bonus
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 pm

All that matters is that Dothan speaks Thassilonian.

I think there may be a new spell and some skill points or something, but none of that is important.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

New spells for Dothan:

Burst of Inspiration: When I cast this, it is a 50ft burst affecting all allies. It lasts for several minutes, and anywhere during that time, each of you is allowed to double a morale bonus for a single roll. My bardsong is morale bonus, so each of you could choose one roll to get an extra +3 to hit. Or you could choose one damage roll to get an extra +3 damage.

Wall of Sound: translucent 20ft high wall up to 240ft long or as a ring of radius 30ft. Duration: concentration + 12 rounds. Bursts with discordant noise when touched by an object or creature, and deals 2d6+12 sonic damage to that object or creature plus 2d4 sonic damage to anyone within 10ft. Deflects arrows, bolts, loose debris, and Small (or smaller) flying creatures, all of which are deflected away harmlessly.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Oh right. I forgot my new song:

It takes 4 full rounds of singing so I have to wait til after combat, but then it's the same as a Mass Cure Serious... 3d8+12 for EVERYONE!

And I've got enough rounds of song that I could pull that a few times if needed.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 am

Yeah... they give bards a 7th level cleric spell at only 12th level, and the only drawback is that it takes 4 rounds to cast?

Who am I to argue?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

I also just realized that I never adjusted the skill points per level to account for the increase in Anna's INT since we've started...

I won't back it up, but I think I get at least 2 new skills this level, if not more.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Ohhh do we all get an extra ability score point at 12?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

Oooooo. Which one should it be?

Return to “Runelords”