Leveling to 12

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Leveling to 12

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:51 am

And, presuming you're adding a level of Fighter, you get a bonus feat this level... (Probably the only person getting one...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm

There's the link to Illian's sheet. Most notable would be the boost to Dothan's song when he is adjacent to her. But also notable is that he now has 5 attacks in an un-hasted full attack action.

The Warden is going to be the "third class" on the sheet. Except I just kept it as Fighter because I didn't have time to go through all the tables and make a whole new class. It will keep the progressions correct for important things like saves and BAB, and not screw with the formatting on everything else.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 am

This is really a question for experts, and I stuck it here because there's no urgency, and it optimistically presumes we survive and escape.

Can one have a spell cast into a ring, such that it allows the casting of said spell, a certain number of times per day, or on charges, whatnot? How terrifically expensive is such a trinket, and is the casting time the same as casting the spell? Let's say it's one of the buff spells we use, like bull's strength, which normally takes a full round to cast....
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm by no means an expert, but my recollection would tell me the following:

There are a couple of different items that would allow a spellcaster to cast a spell that has been stored in it. A Ring Of Spell Storing holds I think 5 levels of spells that the caster can discharge at will, but they dont change the casting time. They are also pretty expensive (50,000 gp?). Its also worth noting that you can't cast a spell into a ring of spell storing and then give the ring to someone who cant cast the spell stored in it and have it work. If you can't normally cast the spell stored inside, you can't use it. (I think)

There is an ability that you can add to weapons and armor that allow you to store spells that are then discharged on successful attacks, in the case of weapons, or attacks made against the wearer, in the case of armor. They are less expensive to add to gear we already have, but they only hold spells up to 3rd level. We looked at this for adding to someone's weapon when Anna hit 12th level, but I can't remember whose weapon it was.

There is also an ioun stone that stores 3 levels of spells which can be used by anyone, but its somewhere in the vicinity of 35,000 gp.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:18 am

I feel really glad that I am alive, thanks Samadriel! Woulda been dead on the floor without ya! It's shocking, every time I feel like we're leveling up super fast and can do amazing things we couldn't before, we will encounter one of these bad dudes that can destroy a person - not with one luckily-rolled attack, but just with a spell that does damage like this, so it's really hard to put a stop to. I sure hope we escape from this and find the exit flap. We got what we came here for, and if this stuff really has been sitting here untouched for a thousand years, it can remain untouched until we get into a better position to fight it. Protection against things that deal 90 pts damage per round is kind of key.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 am

Dothan's taking the staff. Pilfering Hand. +19 CMB from across the room.

Alternately, my monkeys can also steal it from him. And they get a shot every round.

I imagine CMD is not this wizard's strong suit.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:05 am

I dunno. It's taking our melee attacks like a boss. (Probably because it is some sort of Boss.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 am

So what EXACTLY does it take to kill Dwyn? Because I want to just go give him a whack with the hammer, or three whacks in a row, and most magic types even with DR are soft to some extent when it comes to being whacked with the hammer. I just don't want to drop dead suddenly in between rounds.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:33 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 pm

He's also the first "living" being we've seen here thus far... if what we've found thus far can be believed, he's probably been alone in here for quite some time. I almost feel bad for him.

That having been said, its fortunate that he targeted someone like Dwyn with that Disintegrate rather than Anna. If the rolls had gone that way, Anna would be a small pile of ash in someone's bag of holding right now.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 pm

DOTHAN'S BATTLE PLAN

Round 1) Cast Mad Monkeys -- they try to steal the staff

Rounds 2+) Use Pilfering Hand to try to steal staff. Monkeys also try to steal staff.

Assuming his CMD is around 30, we'll have the staff by round 2 or 3.

In the meantime, don't let Dwyn sunder the staff, and don't die.

Other people should have backup plans in case I'm wrong.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Anna's plan of attack is to smack him with another disintegrate this round and then, if that doesnt work, do it again.

Given that we seem to be in the halls where transmutation magic is strong, Anna would like to humbly suggest that we not destroy his staff. It could prove to be a powerful weapon against Karzoug, who we know to be a strong transmuter as well

Last edited by Bluedevyl on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Something tells me Anna has ulterior motives, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 pm

I just wish I'd been more clear-headed last night. I'd have gotten the monkeys out last round already.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Ya, Hal just has the adamantine sword, and no more instant tricks up his sleeve that I can think of (everything takes a full action) That usually bypasses DR, but I've no actual idea here, and could only manage to hit him with my best attack. Good news, he's entangled, but I'm not sure he cares because he has so many magic choices.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Return to “Runelords”