We threw paper...

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

We threw paper...

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:04 am

Well... I use the term "WE" very liberally... Just to let those of you who had a need to leave early that, in our multiple games of Rock-Paper-Scissors last night, we got threw paper for the win on the last one. Or Illian did, to be more precise... with some help from Dwyn, Hal, Eldthor, Anna, Sam, Dothan's song, and comic relief by watching Kay miss or hit pathetically with her pointy little electrically charged sword...

(Okay... so it wasn't THAT BAD if you ignore the fact that I totally forgot how entirely ineffective SHOUT was between sessions and the fact that the rest of my spells are pretty much electric based and probably wouldn't effect the thing anyway, since I rolled pretty dang high on my caster level check for Lightning Bolt and it just fizzled... literally... but the attacks were 4 hits and 5 misses, but the 3 misses in the Full Attack w/Haste round was pretty spectacularly memorable in terms of "WTF is wrong with me tonight?")
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Re: We threw paper...

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Bound to be tricky when rogue types are mostly armed with scissors.
Thought we coordinated and compensated pretty well in an evolving tactical situation. We woke up one golem and got four. Some tough exposure of our archer at our six, but he hung in and proved he could take some damage (thankfully not as much as he dishes out)
As we get higher on this championship bracket, the other teams are likely to have surprise immunities and nasty tricks to which we'll just have to adapt.
I'm curious about something someone mentioned earlier in a thread I couldn't recover: some of us feel stronger or weaker as we enter places? Is Hal just getting to that part of the paladin career ladder where being oblivious is an automatic buff?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:42 am

So far we've only been into two areas of Runeforge. Dothan and Illian were affected in one area, and Kay and I in the other. In this current area, it seemed to make Thor stronger and Kay weaker; I believe it was the same with Dothan and Illian in the area where the mustard ooze was located. It probably has something to do with character personalities vs. what sin/virtue is represented by each wing of Runeforge, plus the GM whipping up a good story and interplay between character relationships.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Not sure what it says about our relationship that being in Greed Central makes my husband stronger and me weaker... Does that mean I'm weak because I'm vulnerable to greed? does it mean something about my husband I never knew? Is it just random? Hmmm....
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Sounds like Darcs is up to something (as usual)
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:25 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 am

That's how awesome DMDarcs is!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 am

Nerds.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Runelords”