Calendar (Spring/Summer 2018)

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calendar (Spring/Summer 2018)

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:39 am

Well, Dothan found the door... Kay just checked for traps and found that it wasn't locked... Why would they lock it, after all... it's inside their inner sanctum... Of course, one might think that the greedy would lock things anyway. But I guess when you summon and bind demons from the abyss to guard your doors, locks are truly and utterly redundant...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:13 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:49 pm

I gave you credit for the first door! I legitimately didnt know who found the second door... :)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Harumph!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:22 pm

I'm so happy that we're playing this week! Although the work situation is still bad, I don't think it's going to be so bad like last week that I can't even make it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:44 am

Tonight!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Oh my God I did not realize this was happening and I am so excited.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm

At some point I may need to exit the house and go pick up my kids somewhere after we have already started the session. I was seized with excitement for a moment and couldn't grasp the realities that will continue to impinge upon me. There are also many such grim realities that will continue to impinge upon me during the session but I will try to at least get the computer up running and in my neighborhood so that I can contribute. I feel so bad about being such a lousy player the last few times but things are so busy stressful crazy here. Generally I go through the day and I'm unable to eat meals or I don't get to pee for 10 hours as if I was doing some kind of construction job for cruel Masters. I do not understand why this male assistant wants to capitalize random words - listen to me man I enunciate and you should know it by now. Look there is a large hawk going by to the north - what does it mean bird augers? What does it mean Google Assistant man?
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:16 am

I apologize for being a little loopy last night. My wisdom was still 10 and my Int was 11 so I don't know if I should have been that madcap. Anyway, my Thursdays are out until May 17th, (and most of my other nights) so if you want to just lock me in the pool room until then, that's cool. Yay, work. Boo, no social life.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 am

To a certain extent, it's not the actual numbers but the CHANGE that impacts you. You took a massive hit to multiple stats and, if I'm not mistaken, had a pretty major compulsion/obsession lobbed on top of it. Makes sense to me...
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:04 am

Tooootally agreed. Maybe people of 20 wisdom still act better than nearly everyone else when they take a sudden drop to 15, but when you find yourself suddenly wandering around with a fountain fixation and the wisdom of an average fool, after having normally been above such randomness, you might act loopier than a "stable ongoing" wis 10, if that makes sense.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 pm

A 10 WIS IS supposed to be average for a non-adventurer. It doesn't make you a fool, you're just not any sort of guru, you're just an average bloke with average common sense. Now, when you have a 10 in a party of adventurers, you may feel RELATIVELY unwise compared to your companions, but you're still average for the population at large. Same goes for all of the other stats: I can't say I consider Dwyn to be stupid just because she has a 10 INT. While Phoebe seems to play her that way at times, I figure it's perhaps because she feels she lacked a formal education that some of the others of us have had and feels RELATIVELY uneducated, or that being a party where Anna has an INT of 24, she feels stupid by comparison and lets that come through in her attitude. But she's not unintelligent, she's just a C student in a party of A, B, and C+ students. I personally like to think it reflects a lot of self-doubt the character has in her true abilities, and mirrors some of the idiosyncrasies we get to see on the boards from her player. :D

All that said, I don't have a problem with the way Illian was played last night, since like Zen said, there was a drop in stats combined with the compulsion of the magical affect. And I don't have an issue with the way Phoebe plays Dwyn. Ultimately, we're having fun, and that's what matters.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:27 am

Thank you, that is kind of you. How I could ever have idiosyncrasies is unknown and unimaginable, but that's ok. You hit the nail exactly - it's not that Dwyn is stupid, but she's uninterested in formal education and didn't much take to it, despite her mother's efforts to teach her intellectual/academic things. Book learning is uninspiring for her. She doesn't run around reciting poems like some of her sisters do, but she's perfectly able to remember the Parables once some time is spent studying. She can figure things out and has some intellectual skills, but as you suggest, it's the difference between a blunt and unsophisticated approach to problems as compared to Anna and Dothan playing four dimensional chess. Sometimes the direct route is a good route, and you don't need all the complete details to find a smart plan.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Totally yes! I want to finish a couple of those tldrs so badly but WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK interferes so much. ARGH! April is always the lowest of times for me anyway, all the way back to childhood. Not totally sure why, some minor inkling.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 am

DMDarcs indicated last night that our next game would be in 2 weeks. If we go every two weeks from now, that will end up being the opposite of the schedule listed in the first post. So the next dates would be May 10, May 24, June 7, June 21, July 5, July 19, August 2, August 16, and August 30. Does that sound okay with folks? Is that what you intended, DMDarcs?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:55 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:35 am

Yes....that was my intention, unless those work out horribly for everyone else.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:04 pm

It's fine with me, but May 10 I won't be there until late. It shouldn't be a total loss but definitely a late start for me.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 am

Tonight is the night for more Runelords goodness! Or vileness. Or sultriness, given our current situation. You know what I mean. We play tonight!

Return to “Runelords”