Lusty Loot!

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lusty Loot!

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Jut for fun, I loaded the belt into the Hal's character spreadsheet. If we get back to civilization, we each need one of these.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Okay, but realistically we only have 1 of them right now and they are forty thousand gold pieces each. I'm fairly certain we dont have 160k in gold just lying around in our bags.

Since I'm keeping track of the loot, I am going to take the bull by the horns and try to sort this out. I'm impartial in this, I only really care that the PC that takes this thing is the one whom benefits from it the most.

Other than the belt, I have the loot being assigned thusly:

+2 glamered mithril shirt - Dothan
Tome Of Understanding +1 - Dothan or Sam
3 CMW Potions - Dwyn
Bracers of Armor +3 - Anna
Bracers of Armor +3 - Kay

That leaves 4 +2 CON belts, 2 more sets of bracers, the +1 dagger, 3 more CMW potions, the remove disease potion, the remove paralysis potion, the whip, and the haversack left to assign.

We're probably past the point where a +2 con belt will help anyone, unless there's one of us not wearing a belt. Those we can sell. The potions don't matter. The only item really of much use is the haversack, but at least half of us have bags of holding or our own haversacks already.

So it looks to me like:

Selling:

4x Belt of Mighty Constitution +2
2x Bracers of Armor +3 (if no one else wants these, Anna might see if it would be possible to trade 2 sets of +3 for a set of +4 or +5)
+1 Dagger

Keeping:

Wounding Whip
Handy Haversack
Miscellaneous potions

We're playing again Thursday, and we should decide who is taking the belt before then. I'm all for trying to find additional ones in Magnimar or Riddleport or wherever else after we get out of here, but for now, we should decide together.

The PCs that would benefit from it the most are Illian and Eldthor, followed closely by Kay. Hal could certainly use it, but a +4 STR/CON belt would be much more appropriate for him and Dwyn.

Illian, Thor, and Kay, make your cases!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 am

My vote would be for Illian first, since he's squishy but gets engaged in hand-to-hand combat more often than Thor. But only if Illian/Dave will actually be making the upcoming sessions. If he'll be out for an extended period, I say it goes to Thor. The increase in DEX helps his ranged attacks as well as his AC, and the CON bonus helps compensate for his low AC due to the fact that, as a druid, he cannot wear metal armor. (And bracers of armor +8 are prohibitively expensive, especially since he spends all his cash on magic arrows.) Yes, Kay would also get a bonus to her DEX-based attacks and AC, and the CON bonus would help her HP. But I believe her AC is higher than Thor's. And with as much damage as Thor has been dealing with his bow attacks, improving his odds of hitting would have a greater immediate impact than improving Kay's odds (sorry, Kay, just trying to make my case! ;) )
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 am

I agree with the arguments in favor of Illian for the most part, but the increase to both Kay's AC and to hit chances would benefit the party. Let's face it, she gets hit more often than Eldthor. Yes, her AC is higher than his, but she is in melee FAR more often and frequently finds herself targeted. [For example, in this last combat, with one more point of DEX, she wouldn't have been hit... :)]

That's not even mentioning HP! Even with his low CON, Illian's HP is higher than Kay's. Sure, she has the Bear's endurance wand, but she has to use that BEFORE we are in combat. In cases where we're surprised, like with the metallic wizard earlier, that isn't possible. If Kay had been hit with that spell, she'd be DEAD. It dealt more damage that she can withstand in a single blow and the saving throw was her weakest one.

We could also boost Illian's con with one of the +2 belts and he could use the snakeskin tunic to replace the +2 belt of DEX that it would replace, giving him a 9 CON and only -1 per level, increasing his HP by 12. It wouldn't cost much to boost the belt to a +4 later, or we could use the wand of Bear's Endurance to boost his CON more if desired.

It might not seem important now, but with each level, the HP deficit will only get larger for Kay, since both Illian and Eldthor use larger dice than she does for HP at each level... Unless Illian takes another level of rogue... or Eldthor takes another level of Druid...

Not to mention that, once her sword has the Agile feature, that DEX bonus will be added to damage... :)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:35 am

Dothan does not have a belt currently. She can take a +2 con belt.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:53 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am

So I have another run of a show coming up starting the 2nd week of July. It's probably better if someone else takes the belt.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 am

Sam gets the book. She has a 17 Wisdom and is a wisdom-based spellcaster. Bonus 4th level spell trumps anything I've got.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Okay, so the decisions for the remaining loot are as follows:

Being assigned:

Belt Of Physical Might - Kay
Tome Of Understanding +1 - Sam
Belt of Mighty Constitution +2 - Dothan + Illian

Being added to party loot:

Illian's Belt Of Dexterity +2
Kay's Belt Of Giant Strength +2
Kay's +1 STR Longbow

Being transferred from Kay to Illian

Snakeskin Tunic

So ultimately, if my math is accurate, we have the following stat changes occuring with the group:

Illian gains 2 points of constitution from the belt, his dexterity remains the same from exchanging a belt for the Snakeskin Tunic
Kay loses 2 points of strength, but gains 2 points of dexterity and 4 points of constitution
Dothan gains 2 points of constitution
Sam gains 1 point of wisdom

To be sold:

2x Belt of Mighty Constitution +2
2x Bracers of Armor +3 (if no one else wants these, Anna might see if it would be possible to trade 2 sets of +3 for a set of +4 or +5)
+1 Dagger
Belt Of Giant Strength +2
Belt Of Incredible Dexterity +2
+2 STR short bow
Tent fabric (?) *
4 masterwork ranseurs
Alu-demon jewelry *
Bejewelled boudoir baubles *

an asterisk denotes that these items still need to be appraised
Last edited by Bluedevyl on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Other than the fact that it's a +2 STR Short Bow... Looks alright...
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:35 pm

True that fine fabric can be a quite valuable item. I don't know about in Pathfinder, but in life. So it makes sense to preserve it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm

I've updated the PDF attached to the link in the "Important Links" thread with the changes for the belt change.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 am

BTW I have a ring of feather falling that I'm not sure I entered on my sheet but did purchase - there is a whole story about this but I am too busy to finish off the story, so ... it's back there, a series of events that led to this purchase.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

Return to “Runelords”