Lusty Loot!

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lusty Loot!

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 pm

​4 Masterwork Ranseurs

​4 sets - Bracers of Armor +3

​4 Belts Of Mighty Constitution +2

​1 Belt Of Physical Might +4 (Dex & Con)

​+2 Glamered Mithril Shirt

​+1 Wounding Whip - Can deliver touch range enchantment spells at range. Damaged creatures take a -5 penalty on Will saves vs enchantment effects for 1 minute unless they make a DC 15 Will Save

​+1 Dagger

​Handy Haversack

​Tome Of Understanding +1

​6 CMW potions

​1 potion of remove disease

​1 potion of remove paralysis

​Non-magical items to appraise

​Non-magical jewelry worn by the alu-demons
​Bejeweled sex toys
​Tent fabric (?)
Last edited by Bluedevyl on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lusty Loot!

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Anna might be able to put the Dex/Con belt to good use, but is by no means going to take it if one of y'all could use it more, especially Illian, Thor, or Kay.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 am

That's +4 to Dex and +4 to Con?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 am

Thor has a belt of incredible DEX +2 right now. Taking the Belt Of Physical Might would give him an extra +2 to his DEX, which would help with his ranged attacks as well as his AC, plus give him a bonus to HPs to help offset his crappy AC. So I'm all for Thor getting that belt, if that's okay with everyone else.

Also, the glamered armor may be a good thing for Dothan, if she can use it. It can be changed to look like whatever normal clothes she wants it to look like, but still provides some pretty good protection. I just don't know how she's already setup for armor and whether it's necessary or not.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:59 am

I'll let the two of you hash it out as to who could put the item to better use. I'd be inclined to think that it might be of slightly more use to Illian, as he mixes it up in base to base combat slightly more often than Thor does, and the extra 24 hp could be extremely beneficial, but again, its up to you guys.

I'd say we could just buy another one in Magnimar, but honestly, its a 40,000 gp item... we're not gonna be buying one anytime soon.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

Also, the Tome Of Understanding is AWESOME and I think it should probably go to Sam, Dothan, or Hal.

It takes 48 hours of reading over at least 6 days, but at the end, its just a permanent +1 to their Wisdom score.

Awesome.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am

I currently have a Mithral shirt +2, and would happily take the glamered one.

The +1 wisdom would also be nice, but that would be me moving from 7 to 8. If someone who has wisdom as a key stat wants it, they should have it.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

I would definitely take the:

Belt Of Physical Might +4 (Dex & Con)
and
a pair of Bracers of Armor +3

If nobody else wants it, I might take the +1 dagger, but we might just sell it, though it isn't worth much. It's better than a regular dagger when you have to use a dagger and it hides just as well. (One question... if I'm still wearing the snakeskin tunic, which gives me a saving throw bonus against poison as well, it doesn't interfere with the other armor and DEX bonus stuff, does it... it's just overridden?)

I can't really use the whip, as Enchantment is one of my "Forbidden Schools" and I wouldn't be able to cast anything useful using the whip. Dothan, on the other hand, could whip it... and whip it good! I could see her becoming quite the Dominatrix! (Would you like a snakeskin tunic? That is probably a better solution...)

I can't really use the mithril shirt either. The +6 Dex bonus max, even if it is only toward AC makes it not really worth it, when combined with the 10% spell failure. It is tempting... but it would be a wash in terms of total AC with the new belt and my standard AC bonuses. (Even with the bracers, when moving or casting Mage Armor my AC bonus goes up to +4. It's just nice to have the +3 at rest...) and my touch AC would drop...

So, any problems with me having the two items above? I could take or leave the dagger...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 am

I would say definitely take the bracers... we have 4 sets of them and it would at least save you from the "oh crap, I forgot to cast Mage Armor" moments, if nothing else.

So far I think we have 2 or 3 people interested in the belt... you guys can hash out who will end up with it. I think it benefits each of you in slightly different ways. Also, bear in mind if you're wearing an item that provides a dex or con bonus it won't stack with the belt.

The dagger we should probably keep, as a just in case sort of thing... Anna already has a Cold Iron Returning dagger, so she doesnt really need it.

Anna can't use the whip, its an exotic weapon and she doesnt have the proficiency for it.

She will most likely end up claiming a set of bracers as a just in case sort of thing.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 am

Oh, yeah... If I get the belt... that would leave the wand of Bear's Endurance that I bought, with somewhere in the mid-40s in terms of charges, free to someone else to use. It won't stack with the belt as far as I know. It would also allow me to either sell, or offer to someone else, the [url]https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/tunic-snakeskin/]snakeskin tunic[/url] ( +1 armor bonus to AC, a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws against poison, value 4000 gp) I mean, the only reason to continue wearing it would be for the +2 bonus against poison, and, actually, I'm pretty sure that is superseded by the Cloak of Resistance +3 anyway, since that applies to ALL saves... so, yeah... no reason to keep the tunic... other than fashion... it's rather fetching...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Thor can't really use the bracers of armor. He has +4 darkleaf leather armor, which currently adds a total of +6 to his AC, and the bracers won't stack with that. Besides, I have lesser bracers of archery that I'm currently using, so that item slot is already taken (although I'd give those up for the bracers of armor if they stacked with the magic leather).

Thor can't use just a belt of mighty CON, since he already has that slot used for the belt of incredible DEX. So it's either switch to the belt of physical might, or stay where he is. If the belt of physical might is more useful for Illian instead, I'm fine with that, now that Dave should be showing up to more of the sessions for awhile. If Dave gets another gig (which would be awesome for his career!) and will be missing a lot of sessions again, then perhaps the belt is better off with someone besides Illian.

Besides the one belt, there's nothing else in this list that Thor really needs or wants. Heck, after how he felt in that area of Runeforge, and how he was susceptible to the succubus's suggestions, he's not even interested in the bejeweled sex toys, other than selling them so he can buy some more magical arrows.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:40 pm

I would be happy to take a cure medium wounds potion or 2!
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 am

While wisdom is a key stat, we just had a boost, and so Hal is 2 away from a rational bonus, and charisma is more important anyway. Dothan might avoid minuses, which as we fight more magical stuff might make the difference. Otherwise, it'd be better with someone else.

Presently wearing a strength belt, that probably shouldn't change. If we're assessing, I'd agree with T that if Illian is with us, pour on the dex and boost the con. If he's occasional, and Thor will be more exposed, it certainly would help him instead.

Not certain of the impact of the bracers. These are primarily for non armored? What might they replace or stack with if anything? +3 anything gets to be in the higher expense range, so maybe sell them? Hal has no bracers presently. Do they affect touch a/c? in that case, they might be useful for anyone.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am

I would appreciate clarity about what they stack with, as I don't know my touch AC and could use any AC ++ I can get.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 am

Bracers count as armor, so they do not stack with any other armors.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm pretty happy with my armor so it's cool if they don't stack. However, I'm always looking to boost defense, so please keep me in mind if something comes up that would do that, increase evasiveness, or what have you.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Dothan is taking the glamered shirt for sure since no one else is speaking up.

And I really want that +1 Wisdom, but I know that's selfish. Someone just claim it so I stop thinking about it.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Unless it will immediately give Sam a high level bonus spell, Dothan should definitely take it. We are at the stage where so what if someone gets six items and another only gets one, allocation needs to be strategic rather than fair, so we all live. It's nearly at the point where we should look at a reboot, do a complete inventory and swap stuff around a little if it looks like that would help (likely we have been careful enough and smart enough that it wouldn't, but...)
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:11 am

Unfortunately, Sam's sheet is one of the ones that isn't available in the "Important Links" post.

Return to “Runelords”